1. Note: Nightly builds are not officially supported and things that appear broken might actually just be broken with no way of fixing it, but community members may still be willing to assist you with common problems.

Closed [latest build] dont have matter manipulator after talking with ship

Discussion in 'Nightly Builds Support' started by Orion_Pax, Jan 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Orion_Pax

Orion_Pax Pangalactic Porcupine

Its normal, or only me got this bug?

2. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

I don't have it either. I think getting it is supposed to be part of the intro sequence, but it isnt complete yet. I am looking into a temporary fix.

Edit: Here is a quick and dirty mod to re-add the MM and allow its upgrades so its not it's default weak self.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/rfacgv6wg8su8dj/NightlyMMFix.zip

Last edited: Jan 29, 2016
  3. giantdoom

giantdoom Scruffy Nerf-Herder

you can temporary use the command /admin to activate admin and use /spawnitem beamaxe to have a matter manipulator but it use a slot like other item .......dont forgot to retype /admin to desactivate god mode

4. lazarus78

That just gives you the weak default one, which is less than useful.

5. MysticalStorm

MysticalStorm Scruffy Nerf-Herder

This may be an issue, as giantdoom said you can use /admin and spawn one in or use this https://starbounditems.herokuapp.com/ and find a matter maniplulator in it.
    if this still an issue then try installing a mod for the manipulator to get a better version of it.

6. lazarus78

Did we miss my first post where I included a mod to re-enable the MM, including upgrades?

7. giantdoom

giantdoom Scruffy Nerf-Herder

sometime people want to play whit no mod like me .......also i just found the upgraded one on the site mysticalstorm give /spawnitem beamaxeX for the powerfull one

8. lazarus78

You are playing nightly... But, whatever...

9. MysticalStorm

MysticalStorm Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Nice!

10. Orion_Pax

Orion_Pax Pangalactic Porcupine

Yes i've spawned matter manipulator by admin mode, but its uses one of the quick slots (1-10) and can be tossed away occasionally by pressing Q.
    Offtop: i've been played a lot without MM and can say, that was interesting expirience. Cutting trees with guns was hard but sometimes enjoyable moment. It really pity that pickaxes no longer craftable on anvil and can only be founded in the chests...

11. last_magic_user

last_magic_user Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Yeah, I don't mod Starbound, I feel that it detracts from the game. However, the MM is not attainable, which is making starting a new character on the nightly impossible at the moment, unless I /admin, which is something I don't really want to do.

12. lazarus78

You play on an inherently broken version of the game... and refuse to do things to fix them because it "detracts from the game"... I don't understand you people...

13. VesperCandle

VesperCandle Void-Bound Voyager

Interesting.
    When I put in the admin code to unlock the matter manipulator; the game crashes when I try to access S.A.I.L

14. Wordsmythe

Wordsmythe Void-Bound Voyager

I have to use /Admin to keep from dying of hunger anyway, so I'm not averse to using it in general.

I like the new question & answer with SAIL, which seems to clearly be a new opening mission sequence.

Running around without the MM is actually kind of fun. It forces us to look around instead of just starting to dig/build. Maybe this is intentional and we have to spend a certain amount of time exploring the planet, or find a specific chest first before unlocking the MM? I'd actually like it if they only let us craft pick axes for the lower levels and the MM is a 'tech' we have to unlock.

I circumnavigated my homeworld and found a pickaxe. Maybe this is deliberate.

Speaking of tech, the first three tech mods were already available right off the bat. Except the dash doesn't work.

Orion_Pax likes this.
  15. Wordsmythe

Wordsmythe Void-Bound Voyager

Okay ... So I found a pickaxe and did some digging. When I select the dirt (#8), it brings my MM up for placement!

[​IMG]

16. glassdragon

glassdragon Scruffy Nerf-Herder

You can spawn a minimal Matter Manipulator with /spawnitem beamaxe (in Admin mode). If that's too weak, /spawnitem beamaxeX gives you a maxed out one.

17. qwixilver

qwixilver Void-Bound Voyager

For those looking to have both matter manipulator where it belongs and be able to upgrade, I found these two subreddits useful:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/starbound/comments/43g4f3/admin_command_to_enable_the_matter_manipulator/
    https://www.reddit.com/r/starbound/comments/2v2gr0/seeking_admin_commands_to_fix_my_matter/

You should be able to modify the command in the second post to give you the first upgrade if you want a more natural play style :)
    Do keep in mind that you must be in admin mode to run these!

18. Yellowfin

Yellowfin Void-Bound Voyager

lazarus78's educated guess was on the money. There's a new object that... well, its description speaks for itself:
    [​IMG]

Sorry to see that some are knocking you for suggesting to use it despite it just being a temporary fix until the intro sequence is implemented proper. Thanks for taking the time to write that up!

19. lazarus78

Figured as much. I ran through an earlier version of the protectorate intro and there is a part where you need to break some dirt blocks.

Apparently there is a command to enable the beamaxe, though I don't know if it also allows for upgrades. Though I don't understand the aversion for using temporary mods or even using admin commands in a version of the game that is inherently broken. This is one instance where Jesus will not be taking the wheel.

TheRedEnigma, Sylxeria and Yellowfin like this.
  20. NekoSoul

NekoSoul Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Well, guys, do you know what i've found under my ship?
    QQ截图20160203180439.png
    That is our ...... well, I can't get it!:nurukappa:

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.