1. Note: Nightly builds are not officially supported and things that appear broken might actually just be broken with no way of fixing it, but community members may still be willing to assist you with common problems.

Closed [latest build] dont have matter manipulator after talking with ship

Discussion in 'Nightly Builds Support' started by Orion_Pax, Jan 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Orion_Pax

Orion_Pax Pangalactic Porcupine

No. If you wait for 5 minutes +/- tou can see penguin ufo.

2. emo99

emo99 Void-Bound Voyager

Thanks for the fix man :)

3. TyRobot

TyRobot Space Spelunker

I have this same issue regarding the matter manipulator, but I tried to use this mod to work around it. However, I'm sure I must be setting up or implementing the mod wrong, so it doesn't seem to be having any sort of remedy on the start of my game or getting the MM. Any idea or instructions as to what I am supposed to do once this is added to the mods folder?

I still don't understand how after a week's worth of nightly build updates, this issue is not resolved? It makes it kind of impossible for us to test things out in "Nightly - Unstable" without something as important as the MM. If anyone can tell me how to get that fix/mod to work, I would be extremely appreciative! Again, thanks for all of your help!

4. bobsthname

bobsthname Void-Bound Voyager

Yeah. Some time I think it's peoples inability to understand HOW to mod more than "I'm an elitist, and modding ruins the game."

Wordsmythe likes this.
  5. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

The option shows up in SAIL at the start of the game at the same time as the option to enable the teleporter. Since its so early, just make a new character.

Why hasn't it been fixed? Because they are working on the story which is supposed to give you the matter manipulator. So really, there is nothing to "fix".

6. TyRobot

TyRobot Space Spelunker

I'm not sure why you're being so snarky towards me for asking for help? Especially considering the fact that I was trying to show how grateful I was for you finding any sort of fix for the issue. I'm well aware they're working on a multitude of things regarding the story, among other things.

I thought I properly added the mod, but I've obviously done something wrong as SAIL doesn't give me the option. I suppose I might have the mods folder in the wrong directory or something, so I'll give it another look. I tried following a couple guides (I've never modded Starbound), but they had some differing information.

So again...I appreciate your help and in finding a solution. I can understand your animosity towards those that felt like installing this mod would break their immersion or whatever, but as you previously said, the game itself is broken without the MM/upgrade options.

floranhungry likes this.
  7. last_magic_user

last_magic_user Scruffy Nerf-Herder

The forums are here to post about in-game bugs, because the developers know that it's their job to provide fixes for said bugs.

That being said, you don't have to be so toxic with a response. I simply don't think that it's the modding community's job to fix these bugs, even with the nightly builds. Furthermore, I haven't seen across most of the forums anything on admin commands to fix the problem. Despite me not really wanting to use /admin, I do it on the nightly primarily because I'm hunting down the available sub-commands for /aicommand, hoping that there's a command in there to re-enable the matter manipulator.

floranhungry likes this.
  8. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

The modding community isn't fixing bugs. Nightly is packed up and shipped out every night at 10pm PST regardless of its playable state. Sometimes it is completely broken, others a simple mod or admin command can resolve the issue. Nightly is NOT for bug testing, it is purely for previewing what the devs are working on. Unstable is for bug testing.

Refusing to do what is necessary for nightly to be playable for that time is simply... Stupid.

In this case, the matter manipulator missing is not a bug. They are working on the intro missions, which is where we get the matter manipulator. Till that mission is finished, or functional, we need to solve the problem ourselves, or stop playing nightly. Simple as that.

9. giantdoom

giantdoom Scruffy Nerf-Herder

10. evilnancyreagan

evilnancyreagan Pangalactic Porcupine

Guys look, it's simple:

[​IMG]

If you don't get one, it's because the game doesn't believe you matter.

Who are we to argue with STARBOUND!? We just need learn to accept and move on as best we can. We can lie, cheat, use admin commands but, in our heart of hearts--we will always know the truth. :rip:

11. Orion_Pax

Orion_Pax Pangalactic Porcupine

I've survived without MM a lot. Without it you able travel to outpost. And then you need to cheat erchius crystals and erchius fuel. I am really sure that you can play whole game on STABLE build WITHOUT matter manipulator if you have ENOUGH pickaxes and bombs to destroy blocks.

12. Barry IV

Barry IV Space Hobo

It's not a bug guys. Just figured it out. Once you do all the quests in the outpost then go speak to the smuggler he allows you to upgrade your ship to a sparrow class. After upgrading it at S.A.I.L (To the sparrow class) and going back to the outpost you will see that many more quest are available. One of which the one with a Scientist offers a reward of the final module to enable you to collect the liquid which you can then use to fuel your ship and go and get the titanium to carry on the story.

13. Forcedminer

Forcedminer Pangalactic Porcupine

Encouraging. Don't forget Pickaxes!

Truth. I found plenty of copper and silver pickaxes in the first mine.

embarrassed. I played for a while with only pickaxes wondering when I'd get my hands on a matter manipulator

14. Nentendoboy360

Nentendoboy360 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Can SAIL be repaired in the current build?

15. v6ooo

v6ooo Space Kumquat

16. Forcedminer

Forcedminer Pangalactic Porcupine

the new aicommand to grant the beamaxe is

/giveessentialitem beamaxe beamaxe
    also use
    /spawnitem shipT3

and you'll be good to go with nightly unless you want that mod thats floating around to enable story mode.
    I've been kinda against it because i've seen people complaining about broken story stuff and......using a mod to enable something that isn't part of the night yet. :p
    there is nightly bugs but thats just on a whole different level.

17. ZeroZau

ZeroZau Void-Bound Voyager

how do you get it with the mod?

18. v6ooo

v6ooo Space Kumquat

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.