Modding Help Launching Steam Game as SMAPI Loader

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Carlxz, Mar 10, 2016.

1. Carlxz

Carlxz Void-Bound Voyager

I was wondering if I should post this inside Support Forum but since this is related with the loader and the mods I'll drop it here.

I bought the game today after playing 3 days of the cracked version (to see if I liked the game, turns out that I got addicted) now the thing is, I want to play the game with some mods, but I also want steam to track my playtime and unlock achievements as I play the game.

Is there any way to start the game modded through steam and count playtime, unlock achievements without SAM Picker aid and letting my friends know that I'm playing Stardew Valley?

I already tried to change the name of the loader to the exact name of the original exe, renaming the original exe to .exe -old it worked out until the loader gave an error because he couldn't find the "Stardew Valley.exe" since that one was the Loader atm and the original was named "Stardew Valley.exe - old"

If anyone has an idea on how to help me out I would be very appreciated! :)

Cheers and happy farming!

• JonONeill

JonONeill Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Yes indeed.

Right Click Stardew Valley in your game list, go to Properties and "Set Launch Options"

Inside that, paste this exactly (including the quotes), changing the directory of your install if needed:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stardew Valley\StardewModdingAPI.exe" %command%

KingJoey, Phaota, Tokenchoke and 3 others like this.
      • Carlxz

Carlxz Void-Bound Voyager

Thanks a lot mate! :D

Jeremiah Gottwald likes this.
        • hikarushirou

hikarushirou Scruffy Nerf-Herder

@JonONeill Thanks so much for this! Had no idea. =D