1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Let's have a moment to appreciate the incredibly imaginative variety of food items.

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Playah, Jul 29, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Playah

Playah Phantasmal Quasar

I love Starbound's food items. It's a mix of familiar, foreign, strange, and disgusting. And the cultural significance of some of the food items to the different races is interesting to read.

Here's a couple that stand out to me.

yum.png

This sounds super delicious to me. I know these are an actual thing, and I'm very tempted to find a recipe.

barf.png

[AGGRESSIVE RETCHING]

Any other food items stand out to y'all?

Crossfang and Puce Moose like this.
  2. [curly] servo

[curly] servo Scruffy Nerf-Herder

i miss my sweet time, i nice ocumelon tart with diodia topping. because who doesn't want backed eyeball with copper! (Actually the recipe called for neonmelon, but i dunno which was the typo)

i also miss whiskey flasks. those were my go-to expression of disapproval when my friends pulled nonsense.

3. evilnancyreagan

evilnancyreagan Pangalactic Porcupine

[​IMG]
    Bananacon:

A banana wrapped in bacon.

Took the greatest minds in the universe to come up with this.

The MechE and Inf_Wolf14 like this.
  4. LilyV3

LilyV3 Master Astronaut

sad that the old pussplum description is gone.

also Bolt O's

do different races say different things about the food?

my description says: With bacon, a banana and soem wizardry, you get a banancon

5. evilnancyreagan

evilnancyreagan Pangalactic Porcupine

yeah, that was my own, personal description there.

we may not have pussplum but we still have the human's fun description for this piece ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

6. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

I've been noticing the variety as well. I'm not playing on Survival, but I've been having a lot of fun growing different crops and trying different recipes that I can sell. Jams seem to be pretty good money-makers, since all you need is a unit of fruit and a unit of sugar.

7. alextulinov

alextulinov Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'm planning to open a ship restaurant,I've got 8 fridges and 16 mini fridges of food and if anyone can suggest a server with ship protection that would helpful

8. Puce Moose

Puce Moose Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Good post, I've enjoyed the variety of foods as well. I have found myself more eager to track down new recipes (by making existing recipes) than to pursue quests in some cases.