Building/Ship Let's See Your Ship

Discussion in 'Screenshots' started by Felonious, Dec 9, 2013.

?

What do you use your ship for?

1. Storage

748 vote(s)
    46.8%
  2. Decoration

676 vote(s)
    42.3%
  3. I can put things in my ship?

175 vote(s)
    10.9%
  1. Pohany

Pohany Parsec Taste Tester

2. Ickura

Ickura Big Damn Hero

The bowl that is cooking powers the whole ship.

Parrotte likes this.
  3. Remix26

Remix26 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

1.jpg

I always try to follow a pattern when building my ship.
    This one has 2 crew quarters, captain's quarters with private (and only) bathroom.
    Kitchen with a ship's chef.
    Large area with 3d printing/manufacturing tools and stoarge lockerss - it leads directly to the bridge.
    Science/medical area near engine room and my favourite upper deck area with tables, mini-bar, and that little cozy space with sofa, fireplace and aquarium.
    (and yes... I keep my cat in the captain's bathroom without light)

4. Vladimiravich

Vladimiravich Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hey guys I have a question. I've recently picked Starbound up again after about a year or two of not playing. I'm using the Frackin Universe mod and also trying to build my own ship. Buuuuuuuuut I have one issue. When ever I exit my ship I get hit with a sudden case of micro gravity (at least I think that is the scientifically correct term here) and can't seem to find any way around it without filling in the back space with a wall. Is there some sort of micro grav maneuver jet tech I can use to move around outside my ship? I see that I can build a gravity generator on one of the FU crafting benches. Or should I just straight up build a giant box and built my ship inside that so I don't have to deal with gravity being an issue? please help!

5. SillyLeaf

SillyLeaf Aquatic Astronaut

20190103162224_1.jpg

Edit: Oh, if anyone is wondering why there is a Skull near the "Fuel Hatch", its because this skull is a pet bed from the "PetCraft" mod and I didn't had anywhere better to place it...

Last edited: Feb 13, 2019
  6. moremuffin

moremuffin Cosmic Narwhal

I know Madtulip's ship mod had the spacesuit to handle everything related to shipbuilding but I can't remember if frackin' universe had a different solution or not. If you're not above some quick console commands for the sake of convenience there's always ...

/admin
    /spawnitem drillspear
    /admin

7. ChangelingRain

ChangelingRain Phantasmal Quasar

The fully-equipped Monsoon Vigilant.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2019
  8. DragonsForce

DragonsForce Weight of the Sky

That is an amazing build!

ChangelingRain likes this.
  9. Vladimiravich

Vladimiravich Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I totes forgot I put on Madtulips ship mod. goota build that space suit lol. my bad!

10. Kirbecio

Kirbecio Void-Bound Voyager

So... I decided to build a new shi for a new floran I am rping with... and though it would be cool to show it over here. Behold... the "Balista" Light figther!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. cheeseycheese

cheeseycheese Seal Broken

Theres a ship design im looking for, its a cave looking ship and I was wondering if anyone had the image.

Theres a ship design im looking for, its a cave looking ship and I was wondering if anyone had the image.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2019
    Li-Jon likes this.
  12. Blaine

Blaine Scruffy Nerf-Herder

This guy's so into caves, even his posts have an echo.

I'll be here all week. :V

13. Pohany

14. Coalsack

Coalsack Void-Bound Voyager

It still requires a couple of touchups, but there's the ship of Koxinga, my pink Hylotl boy.

Koxinga's ship.PNG

VuesaMerced, Ickura, Blaine and 6 others like this.
  15. Blaine

Blaine Scruffy Nerf-Herder

That reminds me, I never posted my Hylotl ship from my playthrough ~2 years ago. The only images I can find now (I still have the save/character, but I removed a backgroundless mod since then, so it's not quite the same) still have the UI showing, but it doesn't really get in the way.

yuudai_ship.png

Ickura, The Squid, Parrotte and 3 others like this.
  16. Pohany

17. Blacksuitcase

Blacksuitcase Aquatic Astronaut

Hello! Just asking, what blocks did you use at this part of your ship? -7a3a962c877f168d.jpg
    These light blue blocks kinda look like sloped solar panels, but i can't find them in Elithian races mod. What mods are they from? @_@

Parrotte likes this.
  18. Laterne

Laterne Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Im not sure but i think it was the Mod Engine Blocks & Cables

Blacksuitcase and Parrotte like this.
  19. Blacksuitcase

Blacksuitcase Aquatic Astronaut

Thank you!

20. Pohany