Building/Ship Let's See Your Ship

Discussion in 'Screenshots' started by Felonious, Dec 9, 2013.

?

What do you use your ship for?

1. Storage

748 vote(s)
    46.8%
  2. Decoration

676 vote(s)
    42.3%
  3. I can put things in my ship?

175 vote(s)
    10.9%
  1. oniwolfin

oniwolfin Void-Bound Voyager

so i wanted to ask, i have all the mods that i should and all is well but im stuck i made an ugly ship that was too big for its own good, and now i just wanna ask, where do you guys start with the creative process. Do you just hop on and star building and see where it takes you or do you start slow, maybe drawing up a basic shape and design concept and defining what tiles and blocks you will be using and which you wont. I REALLY need help.

2. DragonsForce

DragonsForce Weight of the Sky

For me (I don't use mods for the most part, and build the ships as pure non-functional decorations, but it should still work for these here), I build the outline of the hull first. Have an interesting shape in mind, be that the position of the cockpit or a loading ramp or something. Try to use the background layer to add a 3D feel to the ship; little winglets do wonders here. Last but not least, include loads of greebles; pipes and stuff without any real purpose. Take a look at the central portion of the Super Star Destroyer from Star Wars to see what I'm talking about.

The Squid likes this.
  3. oniwolfin

oniwolfin Void-Bound Voyager

thanks for the advice! im gonna start building today, wish me luck!

4. sancturn

sancturn Void-Bound Voyager

Pardon me, can you tell me the name of that little green lamp that can be attached to a sloped block?

I recently play starbound again because there are so many cool things to tinker around and this thread really inspire me alot. Hope i can contribute work in here

5. Pohany

Pohany Parsec Taste Tester

Small Trinkian Spotlight from mod Elithian Races Mod

[​IMG]
    fata Morgana

6. sancturn

thank you, silly me i just realise that there's normal color equivalent in vanilla called iron spotlight

7. kreqy

kreqy Space Spelunker

What armor do you have on your aegi ? Looks great!

8. ChangelingRain

ChangelingRain Phantasmal Quasar

Actually a human, but the armor is the Saturnian Fluffy Scarf(dyed orange), the Peglaci Aquilo Chestguard(dyed white), and the Peglaci Blizzard Robes(also dyed white).

It is, indeed, A Look.

9. kreqy

kreqy Space Spelunker

Oh sorry, i forgot to ask about the sword! And your pose with it. Could you tell me please?

10. ChangelingRain

ChangelingRain Phantasmal Quasar

The Moonlight Greatsword. It's just held like that normally, it's super sweet.

11. kreqy

kreqy Space Spelunker

Really charming! Strange, that this sword looks different on the steam and ur screen

12. sancturn

man i don't know how to continue this, try to fit in all those crafting stations and still not enough room. Also it burden your fps, don't do it like me guys uugghh..

20190303025316_1.jpg 20190303025300_1.jpg

13. Pohany

14. Sock_Bunny

Sock_Bunny Existential Complex

This is my little ship, the Dreamfoil :D It's 100% multiplayer compatible and mod-free, including the sloped glass I made :eek: Dreamfoil Picture 2MAR2019.png

15. Sirix1995

Sirix1995 Void-Bound Voyager

Here's my ship ! It is a Soma Explorer Ship. I named it the Etherion II (because the Etherion I was my FTL Faster Than Light Ship. :3) !
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 6, 2021
  16. ChessPiece

ChessPiece Void-Bound Voyager

17. Pohany

18. Parrotte

Parrotte Supernova

That's a very blue luminescent ship.
    I like it

Pohany likes this.
  19. MrToni300

MrToni300 Ketchup Robot

Pohany, you always impressed me quite a bit :3

Pohany likes this.
  20. ForeverRico

ForeverRico Scruffy Nerf-Herder

It's my first time building anything in this game, honestly, so it's a bit empty at this point.
    Inspired by so many builds here, I eventually got this:
    NckNNv_ULz8.jpg