Building/Ship Let's See Your Ship

Discussion in 'Screenshots' started by Felonious, Dec 9, 2013.

?

What do you use your ship for?

1. Storage

748 vote(s)
    46.8%
  2. Decoration

676 vote(s)
    42.3%
  3. I can put things in my ship?

175 vote(s)
    10.9%
  1. Jkaart

Jkaart Scruffy Nerf-Herder

[​IMG]
    Arcana Mk2
    Decided to redo my main character's ship from scratch, with a hefty chunk of tech and materials "borrowed" from the Knightfall Initiative. New features include a greenhouse, onboard water purifiers, larger crew quarters, a workshop
    and even more firepower. The Mk2 further enhances the aspects of the original Arcana, finding the perfect balance between luxury and utility for all your executive/evil villain needs.

2. moremuffin

moremuffin Cosmic Narwhal

Phantom Class Light Cruiser - TSF Apparition

An Electronic Warfare focused Cruiser with a complement of Drones for Scouting and Hacking purposes and Combat Droids to engage in boarding actions with minimal risk to crew. Loadout also includes ...
    - 3 Triple 152mm Railgun turrets for general firepower
    - A Twin mounted Ion Cannon turret to rapidly disable enemy shields and disable critical systems
    - 4 Torpedo tubes loaded with Anti-Ship Torpedoes
    - 10 Point Defence turrets for Fighter and Boarding Vessel interception.
    20210416140139_1.jpg I felt it was about time to upgrade from my tiny little Corvette and this is the end result.
    20210416133809_1.jpg 20210416134132_1.jpg

3. Pohany

Pohany Parsec Taste Tester

4. Stongduke

Stongduke Big Damn Hero

U.S.S. Miraine - Exploratory Cruiser

This is my first ever ship for BYOS (I played starbound years ago and just got back into it due to my friends) and had a go at making my own ship. Took me a few days of grinding up the tech tree in FU, but I think I have a pretty nice ship now.

[​IMG]

5. Pohany

6. shspanzer

shspanzer Void-Bound Voyager

I may be posting in dead thread but anyway. Found this old screenshot of my ship with which i went through all the survival. Ugly as hell but i still like it.
    20210517025504_1.jpg

7. Carolusclen

Carolusclen Big Damn Hero

Something that Has always baffled me and I have not been able to find them, the blocks that the back boosters are made from, that gives it that round tube look. I see a lot of builds use them and I cant for the life of me find the block that is used or a mod that gives it.
    Does anyone know please?

8. Sock_Bunny

Sock_Bunny Existential Complex

I think those are large pipe blocks from Elithian Alliance Races

9. Nemandera

Nemandera Poptop Tamer

My first custom ship!, still a WIP though. I played for about 3 hours in no mod and then I feel like there's a lot of thing missing, so I download 20+ mods lmao. So I sketch a bit and scrolling pinterest like a maniac for references.
    WIP Kasuno's Personal Enterprise.png Sketch.jpg

Pangaea likes this.
  10. Nemandera

Nemandera Poptop Tamer

It's pretty much done! just the interior left.. I'm so proud lol.. KPE 1.png KPE 2.png KPE 3.png KPE 4.png KPE 5.png

ODST 4900, The Squid and Pangaea like this.
  11. NiamhNyx

NiamhNyx Phantasmal Quasar

Working on my first proper BYOS. 5 years of materials to burn. Got the template kinda done after 8 hours of on and off work on it. I based it off of the HMS Ledia Portia. I always think of my characters as space pirates, so stealing a protectorates massive ship fits perfectly. I am having trouble deciding how to design the back thrusters though. Once I get the template finished I'm going to add the glass, actual hull color and actual background blocks.

After finishing the template for my ship, I realized it looks less like a sister ship to the ledia portia, and more like a halo battle rifle.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 16, 2022
  12. NiamhNyx

NiamhNyx Phantasmal Quasar

I realized while I was doing my inner layout in wood blocks, that I was an absolute moron for using hull blocks for my ships shape... hull blocks take like 10 years to mine and wood is near instant. When I eventually use the hull I want and background blocks, I am going to have to break over 80,000 of them......

13. Mr.Manly

Mr.Manly Scruffy Nerf-Herder

14. KaPuHa_KoKc

KaPuHa_KoKc Void-Bound Voyager

My custom ship. Inspired by one ship on this forum

Attached Files:

ODST 4900 and Pangaea like this.
  15. Pohany

16. Pohany

17. Pohany

18. ODST 4900

ODST 4900 Pangalactic Porcupine

Progress starts on the ship - total dimensions sit about 600 x 150 blocks.
    General outline has been done already but can't be bothered trying to stich 12ish images together so, here's the bottom start and ill just say to look up the 'Spirit of Fire' for an idea of what it'll be.

Least the stars are nice.

20230730001706_1.jpg

Pangaea likes this.
  19. Pohany

20. Pohany