1. Thanks for visiting! These forums are for the original Risk of Rain, if you're interested in discussing the newly released Risk of Rain 2 head over to that game's steam discussion forum
    Dismiss Notice

Level layouts

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Burby, Jun 25, 2013.

1. Burby

Burby Phantasmal Quasar

I figured since this kind of idea could perhaps be worth dedicating a thread to, I'd make a bit of a mention on how I first perceived the ancient valley when I initially saw it. Anyone who has played the alpha or closed beta is probably aware of how this place could sort of be described in shape as a bowl, so to speak. The first time I saw it, however, I perceived it as being more of a mountain. After all, the first time I saw it, my friend who was playing spawned on the right, somewhere in the middle of the slope upwards. As such I saw it as some sort of big mountain with an actual risk of falling off and dying, interesting parts of the stage being inside it.

While this is of course not the case, it would maybe be interesting to have a level at some point that is actually designed like this, some sort of (hollowed out?) mountain (minus the falling to your death part). And having shared this idea now, I ask you, do you have any global level design ideas, suggestions, or even initial misconceptions like I just described?