1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

WIP Lexi's Decorative Blocks + Misc

Discussion in 'Crafting and Building' started by liberalSpaceship, Feb 10, 2015.

1. liberalSpaceship

liberalSpaceship Void-Bound Voyager

I like making pixel art; I don't have time to make pixel art for other people, but since I have a small MP server with my roommates and our friends, I've been making us decorative blocks.

Once I have a certain number of them, I may upload.

First, some reinforced glass with paintable borders (the grey on the far right is the default). I wanted to have glass with borders that matched a variety of things without tinting the glass itself, and that looked sturdy. I'm using it for underwater domes; it wouldn't be too bad for windows (I do need to fix the glass transparency on the painted versions). As you can see, it looks a bit weird next to some tiles, because the border gets cut off. Still troubleshooting that one.

[​IMG]

Then, some (not yet paintable) circular wooden windows. They unfortunately don't tile together well right now; not sure if I can fix that, but I want to have a number of alternatives to the existing wooden inserts. On the left is the background, front the foreground (over tar so you can see).

[​IMG]

And then basically just a test tile, some small stained glass. It doesn't tile particularly well and looks like a vaguely transparent modern painting more than stained glass (in my opinion). I want to add some more variation and tweak the colors, but here's what I have thus far:

[​IMG]

Is it kosher to provide my WIP zip for the tiles? I'm using block IDs 1900-1904 right now.
    ===

I've also made a green bomber jacket. Not sure if I'll fix up some of the issues I have with it or not, but what's a WIP thread for if not stuff you're poking at?

[​IMG]

Not pictured because I've managed to make it disappear again is a small animated fishtank.

mermaidia likes this.
  2. liberalSpaceship

liberalSpaceship Void-Bound Voyager

I've edited the stained glass blocks so that they mesh a little better. I've also made the wooden windows paintable (will match the base wood colors).

[​IMG]

I'm also considering making the stained glass "paintable" but just changing it's pattern that way. More blocks for your buck, etc.

Do people prefer craftable blocks to be part of the normal crafting tables or a custom one for the mod? Is it based on how many there are?