1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED @lias's Monster Techs 1.0

Techs that let you do monster stuff, natch.

1. @lias

@lias Void-Bound Voyager

@Lias submitted a new mod:

@lias's Monster Techs - Techs that let you do monster stuff, natch.

Read more about this mod...

2. bk3k

bk3k Oxygen Tank

Let me make this easy for you.
    Suppose you just want to enable the tech with no fuss. No quests, no costs, etc.
    make /interface/scripted/techupgrade/techupgradegui.config.patch
    Code:
    [
      [
        {
          "op" : "test",
          "path" : "/modTech",
          "inverse" : true
        },
        {
          "op" : "add",
          "value" : []
        }
      ],

[
        {
          "path" : "/modTech/-",
          "value" : "fennixtech"
        }
      ]
    ]

That's an absolute minimum. If you add that, and people also subscribe to the tech helper mod (or my tech mod), then the tech will simply be available to them. That patch will have zero effect for those who aren't using one or the other, but at least it will do no harm. So my mod still remains optional, although in that case you might recommend it. You COULD require it, but you really don't need to go that far.

You can easily then add more techs to the modTech array as you make more. Presumed example -
    Code:
    [
      [
        {
          "op" : "test",
          "inverse" : true
        },
        {
          "value" : []
        }
      ],
      [
        {
          "value" : "fennixtech"
        },
        {
          "value" : "poptoptech"
        }
      ]
    ]

Now if you don't want the tech to be free, finely control under what conditions it is unlocked or enabled, limit techs to certain races, use custom enabling items (not tech chips), etc - then read here. It is more complex, but not by much.

edit: Optionally you could add a drop to some monsters, and use that as a custom requirement to unlock the tech. Dunno if you'd like the idea or not.

@lias likes this.
  3. @lias

@lias Void-Bound Voyager

Ah, it's you! Seems like you've always got an answer on hand for a modder with questions.

I didn't even know there was a tech helper to begin with, but this seems like a nice and easy solution. I'm not really wild on having to unlock techs, so having an option for them to be available by default is great. Sounds like it has a lot of options for configuration, too, so that's one less thing I'll have to worry about down the line. I'll add support for it the next time I update the mod.

Thanks!

4. BoundOffStars

BoundOffStars Subatomic Cosmonaut

YOOOOO I LOVE IT! The Fennix form is quite adorable, and the flamethrower is a balanced weapon. I can't ask for more!