Light for the kitchen

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GeekWoman, Jul 19, 2019.

1. GeekWoman

GeekWoman Subatomic Cosmonaut

Aside from putting a torch on the floor, is there any way to get a light into the kitchen? It's so dark in there at night.

• One More Day

One More Day Cosmic Narwhal

Robin sells about 10 recipes for various craftable lights, that provide a lot more light than a torch

GeekWoman likes this.
      • Kurachi84

Kurachi84 Cosmic Narwhal

the 2 lamp posts give most light, from what i know, so that's easier

• GeekWoman

Thanks much, guys! I got the recipe and it calls for an item I don't have access to. So for now, I'll do the torches until I can craft proper lighting myself.

• GeekWoman

I just wanted to add an interesting lighting thing I didn't know about. At this year's Christmas party, I was gifted a light ring. It emits light all the time. I LOVE it!

• Kurachi84

Kurachi84 Cosmic Narwhal

ah yes, glow rings are good to see stuff both outside and in the 2 dungeons
              once you get the iridium band, you have light, magentism and extra damage to enemies (glow ring, magnet ring and ruby ring in one)
              don't think about it yet, as it's not super important, but very handy
              the 2 rings i find most useful, are iridium band and burglar's ring, so you attract items, like wood and seeds from trees and any enemy drop in the dungeons, have light around you, and deal extra damage to enemies, and the burglar's ring lets enemies drop twice as much (can also still drop nothing)

i'm currently playing with a character that has no iridium band yet, so i decided to use magnet ring and burglar's ring, so no light for me, haha
              but i got something done, making iridium ore easier to get, and so i will get that iridium band soon

it seems you are new to this game, and happy to know you enjoy it :)
              i'm a little spoiled with timespeed and automate mods (although the timespeed mod makes the game longer, making me able to relax more), but i hope you'll have a nice time, and with the upcoming update, it'll be even more fun, as we'll get more
              the creator of this game also said new villagers would come, so it might happen in the upcoming update already :)
              it won't take long anymore, so you'll see it soon!!

have fun.

• GeekWoman

You are correct that I am new to the game. I just completed year two and not knowing anything about the game, I know I missed a ton of stuff. I play with the wiki at my fingertips. But I'm not power gaming or min/maxing. I just want to enjoy the experience as it comes to me. I love surprises like getting that light ring. Last year's gift was nothing to write home about.

Thanks for the info. I am a "weekend gamer" except for last week when I was on vacation. This coming weekend should be fun as it's spring and all that it brings. I made two lightening rods and suspect that some exciting things will come with that!

• Kurachi84

Kurachi84 Cosmic Narwhal

make more lightning rods, because battery packs are taking a while, and if it barely gives you thunder, you'll now only get 2 battery packs per stormy day
                  i have like 15 on each character, and i love being fed battery packs, not only used for lamp posts, but also other stuff you can see on the wiki

GeekWoman likes this.
                  • Ringeltree

Ringeltree Space Spelunker

For indoor lighting Robin sometimes sells furniture lamps as well.

GeekWoman likes this.
                    • GeekWoman

Thank you both for the tips. I'll make a bunch of lightening rods and put them all over my property. I wondered why I was hearing thunder sometimes. I thought it was just kind of a cool weather feature! Do I have to gather the battery packs from the lightening rods?

• Ltfightr

Ltfightr Subatomic Cosmonaut

Right on days that have thunder and lightning, lightning rods will then produce a battery pack the next day. Which can be used in several crafting recipes including Iridium sprinklers.

• Elenna101

Elenna101 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Yeah lightening can occasionally strike your crops too (if you find a dead one after a thunderstorm that's why), so it's best to have lots of rods so they'll have a good chance of hitting that instead. Doesn't matter where you put them, they always protect the entire farm, so you can just put them all together for easier collection.

24 hours after the rod is hit, it will produce a battery pack that you collect by clicking on it. I suggest aiming to eventually have 20+ rods, since storms can have up to 12 lightning strikes a day and a rod that is processing a battery pack can't attract another lightning strike, so if you have two storms in a row then on the second day all the rods that were hit the first day will be useless for attracting new lightening strikes.

GeekWoman likes this.
                          • GeekWoman

Excellent info as always. I made 4 rods but spread them around thinking that would be best. Last time I played, weather report was for storms. So guess what I'll be doing at 6am as soon as the game loads!