1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Bug/Issue Linux HiDPI Scaling Issues

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Dragon5232, Oct 29, 2016.

1. Dragon5232

Dragon5232 Guest

The HUD, menus, and all GUI components, whether ingame or on main menu, are all too small. My display is 4k (3840x2160), which means that I need a scale factor of 2, because its diameter is 28".
    In Starbound, everything looks extordinarily small - it doesn't scale at all. Every other application I use scales correctly. Ingame, a zoom level of 4 still looks way smaller than things should be.
    On Windows, the scaling is perfect. When in windowed mode, things are a bit blurry, but sized correctly. Fullscreen does not support 4k, only up to 2k (2160x1440), so with that I cannot get sharp graphics. However, in borderless fullscreen mode, I get perfect scaling in fullscreen, and the game is very sharp.

This was on Linux Ubuntu 16.10 64-bit, with KDE 5.7.5 desktop. This bug does not occur on Windows, and I haven't tested Mac. Bug occurs independently of fullscreen, borderless window, and windowed mode.

I've attached the error logs.

Attached Files: