Locking your ship

Discussion in 'Vehicles and Mounts' started by Kashmir, Jul 31, 2015.

1. Kashmir

Kashmir Giant Laser Beams

Would there be any way to lock your ship so that only the owner could add, remove or change things on the ship. I know you could always make a backup and revert to that backup, but if you do something, then what you have done will be lost. One reason I don't really like to play on multiplayer servers is because people can do what they want to your ship.
    Maybe put something in the config file or some other kind of lock that allows only the owner to mess with the ship. Perhaps an eye scanner that the character needs to look into to turn on/off the lock, or even a password in SAIL.

2. ShinigamiX

ShinigamiX Big Damn Hero

At the moment its just simply a matter of not inviting people onto your ship if you don't trust them.

I too though would like to see something added that would stop others from messing around on your ship, like talking to your ship's AI, ya know S.A.I.L. or whatever. And telling it to stop any use of other people's matter manipulators, weapons and other potentially damaging objects. They could still use instruments and flashlights but if they tried using anything else they'd just walk around barehanded.

ChaoticGamer and S.A.A. like this.
  3. ChaoticGamer

ChaoticGamer Master Astronaut

hmmm. not bad idea, just in case a player who is a greifer or an evil troll (note I am a good troll, not evil...unless someone step on wrong line then I will become evil). This would set between trust or bound limits for other players who try temp to destory all your vaules in your ships.

4. Joseph the wanderer

Joseph the wanderer Scruffy Nerf-Herder

It would be REALLY easy to program too. it would just be one of those generator looking things that protect dungeons but smaller. It could be located in the same room as the captains chair and can be turned on and off when you want to build. It would have to be player locked like the chair is, so that only the owner of the ship can activate it. Other than that, this is relatively EASY to add. Since it ALREADY EXISTS!! :party:

5. Kashmir

Kashmir Giant Laser Beams

I was thinking a command in SAIL, but that works too.

6. bk3k

bk3k Oxygen Tank

There is currently a mod that adds the shield generator in as something you can build. It will protect everything you have placed(including the generator itself). And for good measure, put it in it's own generator room that's either completely walled off, or has a locked door. Put a teleporter in the room so that you - and only you - can get in for when you want to turn it off.

Or perhaps only a switch need be in that room. Switches could turn on the shield generator, and lock the door that controls access to that room(being fed through a NOT switch). Then you don't need a huge room. You can also put in switches that control access to other rooms if you like(but that probably isn't necessary).