Long time player... first time mom <3

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself!' started by camiwins, Mar 27, 2020.

1. camiwins

camiwins Space Hobo

Hello,

My name is Cami and I've been playing Stardew Valley since it came out. However, I've only recently started getting pretty hardcore about it (streaming all day and playing on my switch at night). We can blame the recent global events for this... but you won't hear me complaining! In addition to that, I'm going on maternity leave in a few months and you best believe I'll be focusing all that time on Stardew!

Anyway, I've decided to finally join the forums as I'd love to meet more of the community that also obsesses over this fantastic game. Like I mentioned earlier, I've been streaming and making YT videos and now I'm itching to make fan art, fan fiction, and everything else. It's like I've been infected by the SDV-Virus. (Lame joke. Sorry lol.)

Anyway, some other random facts about myself before I finish up my first post:
    • I'm married to my best friend and am currently pregnant with our first child (19 weeks on Sunday, yay)! <3
    • We recently bought our first home as well, which also includes a streaming/gaming room
    • I started working in the gaming industry when I was 19, mostly in eSports and ended up in Game Development proper as an Art Producer (I've also worked in red carpet editorials and television, but that's not as exciting as gaming to me, lol)
    • Now, I'm a Software Engineer working with AI and Machine Learning, but I still adore game development and someday would love to work on a game of my own
    • While I don't consider myself all that great at it, I love to draw and paint with watercolors, although I'd love to be a mixed media artist and learn to work with other mediums (including digital)
    • Writing fanfiction has always been a secret bucket list item but during my maternity leave, I'd love to get something finished and published online someday, it just seems so dorky/nerdy to all my other friends that I rarely talk about it with anyone else
    • I'm primarily a PC gamer but I love all consoles, Switch, Xbox, Playstation, doesn't matter to me. If I had it my way, I'd own one of each lol. But we broke now, bc ... house and baby.
    • Games that I enjoy playing are either extremely competitive (FPS, RTS, MOBA) or strategy/story-driven (RPG, MMO, City Builders, Turn-Based) ... so here's a list of some of my favorites that I can think of off the top of my head and in no particular order: Portal, Team Fortress 2 Counter-Strike, Call of Duty, Rainbow Six, StarCraft, League of Legends, DoTA, Heroes of the Storm, Heroes of Newerth, Harvest Moon, Resident Evil, World of Warcraft, SimCity, Cities Skylines, Civilization, Sims (2 only, Idk why lol), Minecraft, Skyrim, The Forest, Dawn of Discovery, Animal Crossing, and of course... Stardew Valley.
    Okay, that's enough for my crazy long intro post. Thanks for reading it all the way through and I hope to meet some of you awesome people along the way! :)

- Cami (aka "camiwins")

2. Daikon Ocelot

Daikon Ocelot Spaceman Spiff

Welcome to the forums, Cami! It looks like you have a wonderful life there, good to hear it! :)

Anyway, it's nice to meet you, and the games you played, I also play some of it. :nuruwink:

3. Pangaea

Pangaea Forum Moderator

Hello, Cami. Welcome to the forums.

4. Catherine Franz

Catherine Franz Spaceman Spiff

Maybe she's the one that can finally make a mod that removes the SP latency of Starbound ; n;