1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Longer Ship Travel Time 2.53

Adjust the time of ship travel for a more immersive experience.

1. iroaseta

iroaseta Aquatic Astronaut

iroaseta submitted a new mod:

Longer Ship Travel Time - Adjust the time of ship travel for a more immersive experience.

Read more about this mod...

2. iroaseta

iroaseta Aquatic Astronaut

Previous update notes:
    Added a 5 minutes remaining sound effect!
    Nothing much to say, pretty straightforward.
    Credit : http://www.freesound.org/people/Timbre/sounds/120507/
    Dec 12, 2016

Changed to 3 minutes instead.
    Felt like 5 minutes is too long for a reminder. Also changed the accelerating into FTL to 7 minutes and decelerating into 3 minutes for a better sense.
    Dec 12, 2016

Includes Casual Edition
    You know, maybe someone out there just wants a slightly longer time. It also has a sound effect but it's "1 minute remaining". It is 3 minutes instead of 10 minutes.
    Dec 12, 2016

Changed to be a little more proportional to the distance (somewhat)!
    A HUGE THANKS TO @lazarus78 FOR THE NEEDED DIRECTION FOR THIS UPDATE! He kindly pointed out that FTL sequence will only occur when it's from a star system to another star system! WIth that, a somewhat proportional timing is possible to be made now! I also changed a bit about the FTL sequence since it's too flashy and too loud, not a good idea for a long journey causing your eyes to bleed and your ears explode.

1) Now, travel from planet to planet within the same star system needs around 2 minutes only.
    2) Travel from a star system to another star system however need 10 minutes (3 minutes for casual edition)
    3) The stars appearing in FTL sequence had been greatly reduced. Leaving the tiny and adorable ones alive. Also changed the colour to black and white to fit Less Sky+ better.
    4) Removed the FTL sequence sound effect. Now you can play Jukebox or play music instrument without anymore interruptions!

-Removed X minutes remaining sound effect.

AGAIN, A HUGE THANKS TO @lazarus78 !!:nuruflirt:
    Dec 13, 2016

Added a FTL sound effect!
    I realized the space was too silent. And it's kind of scary. So I added a FTL sound effect that is more soothing than the original one which is loud and obnoxious.
    Credit : Link

Please note that the file is a bit 'large' because I added a 10 minutes and 3 minutes of the .ogg file respectively instead of like 30 seconds since the disturbance between the loop is quite noticeable.
    Dec 17, 2016

Fixed FTL time for Casual Edition (10 minutes > 3 minutes)
    What a shame. Anyway, if you're not using Casual Edition, or you've corrected the value or you've your own values, you can just skip this update.
    Dec 18, 2016

Fixed for Starbound 1.3
    Sometimes I wonder why do the developers love the change a few letters here and there.
    Mar 15, 2018

Adjusted a few more things
    - The ship will now "readjust" itself when embarking and arriving in space "dimension" where there are no planets to land as the default one skip the animation completely. It is also 30 seconds like how it is from planet to planet.
    - Adjusted ship's speed to make it "accelerates faster" (stars' movement in the background) but the overall time required for travelling remains the same. It is just a change for the overall feeling when accelerating / decelerating.
    Mar 16, 2018

Replaced the sound effect when entering FTL sequence.
    Elite Dangerous has nice sound effect, pity that exiting hyperspace / FTL sequence sounds roughly the same so I didn't bothered to change that.

Here's a video to reflect the change :

- Added new sound effect when entering hyperspace / FTL sequence. Taken from Elite Dangerous.
    - Due to that addition, the accelerating time of entering hyperspace / FTL sequence has been reduced to 40 seconds from 60 seconds for a better fitting.
    - The time of hyperspace / FTL sequence has been increased for another 20 seconds, which means the overall timing remains the same.
    - The accelerating time used in travelling within the same star system however still remains as 60 seconds, so the 40 seconds change only occur from star to star system.
    Mar 18, 2018

Removed the vocal of entering hyperspace sound effect
    It is obnoxious when all the species have muffled voice but it has a clear voice, so that is removed for a better fitting.

Mar 18, 2018

Readjusted a few things again.
    Uhh...hopefully this is the last minor tweak.

- Readjusted ship's "speed" and fixed the bug where the sound effect of exiting the hyperspace will not play.
    - The FTL sequence is reduced by 20 seconds, going back to its original value (10/3 minutes / 600/180 seconds).
    Mar 19, 2018

The bug of exiting hyperspace sound effect will not play is definitely fixed now.
    And people told me modding is fun.

- Fixed the exiting hyperspace sound effect for sure. Reduced FTL / hyperspace sequence by another 10 seconds to make it shorter than the .ogg duration or else the exiting hyperspace sound effect will not play.
    Mar 20, 2018

FTL sfx and stars changes.
    Just small changes.
    - Replaced FTL sfx to a more soothing / quiet ambient. Source : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjinO8gnxFg
    - Replaced stars during FTL so they are lines you see in hyperspace now.
    - Small optimization of image files (stars).

Here's a short video demonstrating the changes.
    The audio might seems a bit bassier because I'm using some audio enhancer when recording.
    Apr 23, 2018

Stars and time
    - Reduced deceleration time of star travel from 60 seconds to 20 seconds
    - Reduced both acceleration and deceleration time of planet travel from 60 seconds to 45 seconds
    - Edited and added some stars

You can see the changes here :
    May 31, 2019

Revised inter-planetary travel time and removed flashing effect
    - Revised the inter-planetary travel time and make them proportionate to the interstellar travel time, reducing both of accelerating and decelerating time to 40 and 20 seconds respectively. I haven't really played much since 1.3 so forgive my lateness for the realisation of the increased sequence for inter-planetary travel time thanks to spaceships encounters and uhh...space stations.
    - Removed the flashing effect when you're entering / exiting FTL sequence and changing from speeding up to speeding down for inter-planetary travel. I heard someone that has epilepsy can suffer from flashing effect so I guess this is kinda nice. It makes the space travel more seamless anyway. The flashing effect for speeding up and down always irritate me.
    Jun 25, 2019

White screen / title menu fix for certain hardware
    Not too sure what's wrong but special thanks to @DukeOfRiven for testing for the troubleshooting of this mod! If you're not experiencing the issue you don't have to download this update.
    Jul 8, 2019

Replaced sfx of exiting FTL sequence and disabled flash
    - The sound effect of exiting the FTL sequence now uses the longer / original version instead of the shortened version in 1.4 update. Special thanks to Hoodie from Steam for pointing this out.
    - It should now disable flash without causing white screens on certain hardware but I need confirmation. Please report again and I'll do the appropriated changes.
    Jul 11, 2019

Tweaked timing
    - You now no longer orbit in or out for space dimensional travels (ie : Going to a unvisited planet will no longer make you orbit down to space for no reason / going from a space dimension to another space dimension will not make you orbit at all). Your ship will still do the orbit things when you leave or arrive on a planet / docking things. Your ship also still accelerate and decelerate.
    Jul 14, 2019