RELEASED Longevity v1.3->v1.4 (w/DNPCC)

Discussion in 'Mods' started by RTGOAT, Dec 31, 2016.

1. brutus87

brutus87 Void-Bound Voyager

Thanks for the follow up :) I checked the config file and even though I dunno squat about json that was pretty simple to sort out. Set flags to 'false' for anything I don't want to deal with (taxes, since I'm only on my first play-through). That did bring me to my next question: this is the kind of thing I can just drop into an active play-through with little issue, right? No need to start a new play-through to enable?

• RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

@brutus87

Yes you can start longevity at any time,
      however, I recommend starting a new game so you can experience the balance setup I intend.

If it is your first play-through, I would also recommend enabling all features (since you wont be used to a faster play-style in vanilla).
      Taxes increase progressively so if you aren't making as much money, it wont be as influential.

• TQRiver

TQRiver Void-Bound Voyager

Yes I reverted back to 1.8 and that allowed the sprite and portraits to take effect from your other mod. Longvity still doesn't work. Perhaps I installed it wrong? I placed the entire Longvity folder in my mods folder.

• brutus87

brutus87 Void-Bound Voyager

Thanks, @RTGOAT I appreciate the further feedback. I may wait and start the longevity mod from the get go in that case on my second playthru :)

• RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

@TQRiver

If DNPCC is working, all other features should be working; especially if there are no raised errors.
            Are you using unedited .xnb content files?

@brutus87

Anytime, mate; Second play-through would be a good time to experiment with mods.
            Enjoy your first clean.

• TQRiver

So I just did what you said, took everything out and went to day 1 and the taxes worked. So it's a mod. To figure out which mod it is will the collections tab reflect the lowered prices? Ie. the collections tab that shows all the prices for things you have sold in the past, will it show the modded price or the default price?

• RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

@TQRiver

It depends on where the collections tab gets the item price. (You would know since prices are very different from vanilla)
                If the price is placed when it is put into the collections tab (I assume this to be the way), then it wont reflect the modded prices.
                I'm not entirely sure considering I haven't really checked.

I'm curious as to which mod it is? I installed all the ones you listed and had no issues with taxes/prices.

I appreciate the detailed feedback!
                Hopefully we can get this figured out :)

Last edited: Feb 20, 2017
                • TQRiver

I'm not sure. So first I took all the mods out except for Longevity, loaded the game to day 1 of fall. Taxes worked. I then looked at the collections tab to see the prices and they were reduced based on what I found on the wiki with the default pricing. Just to make sure I took longevity out and looked at the prices in my collections tab and they had gone up. So I guess the collections tracks what the ingame sell price would be with mods included. Anyway, I loaded each mod in with Longevity and all the prices stayed in the lower bracket. The only thing I didn't load back in was the Trainer mod that came with smapi. I'm not sure what happened. Day 15 we get a tax summary right? I guess I will play to that day and see if I get that notice. I'll keep you posted though.

EDIT: Just used my trial save file to fast forward to the end of the month. No taxes. I have no idea what to do :rofl:

Last edited: Feb 20, 2017
                  • RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

@TQRiver

Send me a copy of your save file.

I'll go through it tomorrow and maybe sort it out.

I'm very confused as to why you and only you are having this issue.

• TQRiver

How do I do that? It says the file does not have the allowed extension when I try to upload it?

• RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

@TQRiver

It needs to be packed into a .zip format

• TQRiver

Okay so I went through each individual mod, loading them and trying them. They all worked. They are all loaded together and still work as well. No idea what happened but everything is good now. What a weird situation.

• RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

@TQRiver

Thanks for being proactive (gave me quite a bit of worry).
                            Glad its working!

• Majestik_Moose

Majestik_Moose Void-Bound Voyager

Hi RTGOAT, I have a question and maybe a suggestion for your (already amazing!) mod.

Question: I haven't noticed any seasonal variation in the price of artisan goods. I was sure I'd read somewhere (maybe in one of the previous threads?) that artisan good prices were also supposed to be affected by seasonal variance. I don't know if this is a bug or a conflict with any of my other mods (I don't think it is...) so just wondering if that feature is still supposed to be in the mod?

Suggestion: I've gotten to fall year 1 on a playthrough with your mod and I've been struggling with the random price variance. Not knowing the base values makes planning my purchases/selling goods kind of a stab in the dark, and I don't have the attention span to keep track of daily prices. Would it be possible to post or even include in the mod somehow (maybe as a grower's catalogue in pierre's or as a furniture item?) the base purchase prices for seeds and the base sell prices for produce?

• RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

@Majestik_Moose

Thanks for your question!
                                (I understand the confusion on price changes as they can be quite complex, and only getting more complex)

Seasonal variance was recently decreased; while it still has affect on price, this affect can easily be lost with the random variance.
                                To see seasonal variance in action, you would need to see the larger sales data for an item across seasons.
                                (This is why it was lowered, while seeing it in action is a fun idea, it also gets heavily magnified as scale increases)

I will post the base prices for all crops/produce when I release v1.5 with 'MoreCropsMod'
                                (Though I've already released them by request)

In v1.5 or v1.6 (not determined yet), I will be releasing in game stats and info on Longevity's effects.
                                This feature is a necessary component to some future features that will be introduced in later versions of Longevity.
                                Until then, this feature will provide much of the information/data that you seek.

I hope I've addressed your question well.

Aveloren likes this.
                                • Majestik_Moose

Majestik_Moose Void-Bound Voyager

Thank you for your quick reply!

Just to clarify, I use CJB's show item prices and I've been checking every few days the value of my artisan goods (specifically pickles), and I haven't noticed *any* change in price- no daily or seasonal variance. Other produce has its value update properly and I've noticed the seasonal difference for (e.g) selling spring crops in fall, but my artisan goods have remained at a constant fixed price. Is that what you've intended or is that an issue maybe with my mod setup?

• RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

@Majestik_Moose

CJB's show item prices will show the base price of the item (I believe it retrieves price from the objectinformation.xnb; I could be wrong)
                                    My base prices are overwritten into the objectinfo.xnb, but not the price variance changes.

Along with 1.5/1.6's stats/info menus, I will be making my own show price mod which will take into account the proper price.
                                    It will also show useful things like an item's current diminishing return rate.

Aveloren likes this.
                                    • Ulithium_Dragon

Ulithium_Dragon Space Kumquat

Seems very weird to me to lop together a complex economy overhaul mod with a dynamic NPC clothing changing system mod, but w.e. lol.

I just wanted to clothing stuff personally. I think Stardew Valley is slow as molasses to begin with, and I don't want nor need a hardcore money mode overhaul. n.nU

Either way, thank you very much! :]

• RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

@Ulithium_Dragon

Thanks for the insight; the purpose of this mod is to provide "Longevity".
                                        It is 'loped' together because many of these features interact with each-other, and will do so even more in the future.

The purpose of the config is to allow the option for those that may not want changes to the game's core mechanics.

Regardless, I hope you enjoy, and should you ever want a new experience of the game, you might just find yourself temped to give it a go.

• townkrier

townkrier Void-Bound Voyager

Hola. Love the idea and will be playing my next play through with this. One small thought I had was that the 500g to Calico Desert is 1) too low to have make the player make a decision on whether to go or not and 2) is too low a wage to keep Pam there until all hours of the night. Her shift is until 5pm unless the player decides she/he's going to burn the midnight oil? That doesn't seem fair haha. I think it would be cool if the 500g would only cover 10am-5pm time, and every hour you stay after that you get billed an overtime fee for keeping Pam there. Maybe like 100-200g per hour (so if you stay until 1am it ends up being 1200-2100g). Not sure if this is feasible done because it'd have to track how late the player was at Calico.

One other (bigger) idea I had was to change cooking so that it made time skip forward 10 minutes every meal you cooked (as its not instant to cook a meal) but make the cooking price even higher (pro-con to cooking). Would not be able to spam sashimi's quite as easily to have all the villagers love you and would be a bigger opportunity cost to give villagers cooked meals as opposed to selling them.

-Cheers

Trina Van Hawkins likes this.