1. Note: Nightly builds are not officially supported and things that appear broken might actually just be broken with no way of fixing it, but community members may still be willing to assist you with common problems.

Closed Loose silt holding itself up until some is mined

Discussion in 'Nightly Builds Support' started by Khym Chanur, Jul 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Khym Chanur

Khym Chanur Big Damn Hero

In a garden world just generated, I ran into some underground regions with lots of loose silt. The loose silt was holding itself up until I mined out a bit of it, then the whole conglomeration of silt collapsed at once like it suddenly realized it was supposed to be loose.

2. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

Same thing happens in Minecraft. The blocks are generated in their given places, and once an "update" happens around them, they will be recalculated, and thus fall according to their programmed behavior. IIRC even terraria has this issue. I don't think there is much they can do about it.

3. Khym Chanur

Khym Chanur Big Damn Hero

I guess I should have mentioned that the loose silt is showing up as the ceilings in some portions of the mine on the starting world, including the open space with the mini-boss monster.

4. Warget

Warget Giant Laser Beams

Actualy, this is a really good resemblence of the real sand's behavior, when it's tightly compresed, it sometimes can stay like a pretty solid material, but if you "interact" with it too much, it collapses. So, I have nothing against that mechanic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.