1. Note: Nightly builds are not officially supported and things that appear broken might actually just be broken with no way of fixing it, but community members may still be willing to assist you with common problems.

Closed Loosing characters

Discussion in 'Nightly Builds Support' started by white assassin55, Jul 9, 2016.

Tags:
?

How do I fix this

1. Delete the game and redownload it

2 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Try contacting chuckle fish community directly

2 vote(s)
    50.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. white assassin55

white assassin55 Intergalactic Tourist

Plz any one help me. I am a big fan of starbound but I keep loosing my characters. It's always the last character I choose disappeared but usually after a update. But plz help me get my characters back or at least help me stop this. Thank you

2. Warget

Warget Giant Laser Beams

Okay. We help you.
    But the hard thing is...
    You have to tell us the circumstances of you characters disappearence. Plus, it would be awesome, if you post here your game's .log file. If an error happens, it must have a text in the file.

3. white assassin55

Sorry if I text this late but here it goes. I looking at the loading screen then I choose my charater. I play and play then when I save and quit And turn off the computer. When I go back on to the loading screen usually when a update happens between my last playing time or for no reason my charater is not there to choose from.p.s. How would I post my game log

4. Warget

Warget Giant Laser Beams

Hmm... My idea is - MAYBE the game is not saving your character's file. But im not sure.

The .log file is located in you game's folder. I think it's Steam/SteamApps/common/Starbound - Unstable/storage
    It's called simply: starbound.log
    But im not sure wich of the forum functions is used to stick the file to your message =(

5. white assassin55

Well listen. It does save it because it doesn't happen every single time I leave only once in a while.

6. Warget

Warget Giant Laser Beams

I think we need a reinforcement of the guys, who actually know more about the game than i do. ._.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.