Lovecraft and other such horrors

Discussion in 'NPCs and Creatures' started by Jakben, May 7, 2013.

?

Good Idea?

1. Yeah, seems interesting.

95.5%
  2. Meh, no real opinion on it.

4.5%
  3. Nah, Don't think it would work.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Jakben

Jakben Tentacle Wrangler

Now, I am a fan of the works of H.P. Lovecraft, and well, I know this game is being more cartoony and colourful, but I am thinking would it be so bad if some Lovecraftian-like monsters in an appearance in Starbound?
    Probably as bosses and/or late game mobs but still some creatures in the mythos seem to fit so perfectly, if redesigned slightly or at least inspired by.

Like the Hounds of Tindalos

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Or the Byakhee
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And then there are all the gods and Old Ones that would make some pretty okay Bosses.
    I mean, laser cannon Cthulhu in the face?
    Yes please.

2. Shadow Wolf TJC

Shadow Wolf TJC Spaceman Spiff

A playable race that I'm planning on suggesting in the future would include a backstory where they were created by an ancient faction of Lovecraftian extraterrestrials to participate in a war against the faction's likewise ancient Lovecraftian enemies (that had lasted for hundreds of thousands, if not millions, of years). However, true to Lovecraftian narrative style, this playable race's understanding of their Lovecraftian benefactors' motives, as well as the hyper-advanced technology that said benefactors had provided them in the past, and the sudden disappearance of said benefactors in recent history, would all be unclear to the race, which must now learn to survive without the aid of their benefactors.

3. AngelusNox

AngelusNox Void-Bound Voyager

I like booth, the idea of a boss encounter with one of those horrors and also the idea beeing one myself. i felt there is a lack of "darker" playable races (even if i like most of the actual ones).

4. Ambose

Ambose Void-Bound Voyager

i want to play a scary game but i want to play starbound