1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Outdated [ M|R ] Mad Doctor's Experiements [sg]v09

A modders asset of examples of various things I made for my mods.

1. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

xxswatelitexx submitted a new mod:

[ M|R ] Mad Doctor's Experiements - A modders asset of examples of various things I made for my mods.

Read more about this mod...

2. The | Suit

xxswatelitexx updated [ M|R ] Mad Doctor's Experiements with a new update entry:

Complete Reorganization

Read the rest of this update entry...

3. greenRAM

greenRAM Giant Laser Beams

The reefpod idea looks really useful for my farming mod. I'd love to have all the underwater items and object farmables only be plantable underwater.
    The liquids one would also be neat to use with my liquid plants, since they're already hanging objects they could drip their respected liquids as they hang.
    The Bleeding Sickness idea would make for a great survival mod, adding in injuries and sickness to your adventures. I'd love to see that.

I'm not sure what the others could be used for, but they all seem promising. Great ideas all around.

4. The | Suit

You should be careful with the reefpod - the checks are really basic so all some one has to do is literally make a single block of water 4 tiles above it to be valid. It technically doesn't have to be under water.
    So you may want to use more stringent check or multiple checks in case you are planning on using it.

As for Liquid plants its probably better to use particles emitter instead of actual water. Similar to the smoke coming out of a stone furnace.

5. The | Suit

6. The | Suit

xxswatelitexx updated [ M|R ] Mad Doctor's Experiements with a new update entry:

Wheat Drinking Water

7. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

Swat, ILU so much now.

The | Suit likes this.
  8. The | Suit

The water script still has some bugs in it which needs to be smashed out.
    After that I will be looking into doing basic dungeon generation + tutorial for it since some people have asked for it.

9. The | Suit

Pet Experiments

10. Shadow Wolf TJC

Shadow Wolf TJC Spaceman Spiff

11. The | Suit

whats dig or die?

12. Shadow Wolf TJC

Shadow Wolf TJC Spaceman Spiff

13. The | Suit

Bleeding 2.0 An Evolving Status Effect

14. The | Suit

Species Specific Status Effects V07

15. Inny

Inny Cosmic Narwhal

Hi, it looks like the water drinking script no longer works.
    Code:
    Info: Remove liq Function Activated
    Error: Exception while invoking lua function 'update'. (LuaException) Error code 2, [string "/objects/farmables/wheat/waterR.lua"]:31: (LuaException) Cannot coerce lua value into a string

16. The | Suit

Thanks - it really was never properly implemented - because if water doesn't exist it just throws an error.
    I will look into writing a proper script

17. The | Suit

Fixed Water Drinking Script , Documented Particles v.08

18. Inny

Inny Cosmic Narwhal

Works better, thanks. Looks like my sprinklers experiments are mostly failing, though, so I tried to put water one tile under the soil where the wheat grows, but it doesn't find it. What should I change so it only looks there?
    A way to make a sprinkler system viable would be to have two timers: one that gets and stock water, and another one, slower, that makes the crop drink part of its stock. The way it works actually, the wheat have to be underwater to avoid losing half of the crops.

Edit: I tried some experiments with automatoes. I was worried that the seed is lost if the player tries to plant it in another tile that it were set to use. I tried to put break instead of smash. I was sent back to my ship. ^^

Last edited: May 9, 2015
  19. The | Suit

you will need to do pos[2]-2 to check 2 tiles under the wheat.
    You really don't need a timer. You can just do the opposite of consumeL.lua
    Instead of drinking water it spawns water when no water [ or very little water ] exists.

Edit
    As for being sent to the ship you will need to check the log to see what happened.

20. Inny

Inny Cosmic Narwhal

Forgot to do it, here it is:
    Code:
    [17:37:31.591] Error: Failed to instantiate object for placement preview. automatoseed {} : (LuaException) Error code 3, [string "/objects/farmables/automato/ironG.lua"]:7: <name> expected near 'break'