RELEASED Madeline's Recolors: Farmhouses, Barns, Coops, & More [Updated 10/23 - GREENHOUSE MATCHES!] for V1.1

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by madelinealex, Mar 15, 2016.

1. madelinealex

madelinealex Phantasmal Quasar

Woops, sorry, I just now saw where you said this when I was rereading the thread! I'm going to consider making a girlier option once I play around with using a lighter/whiter wood color. I'm not sure exactly what you mean with the stable... moving it all up a few pixels or actually connecting the roofs?

I'll take a crack at it, but as it's her concept I don't want them to be too similar /: I'd be okay with doing a recolored version of hers if she wouldn't mind, but I'm not sure if she'd want it hosted over there, over here, etc... I'm going to cross that bridge when I come to it. I'll definitely make a recolored version of the large one regardless, though. :)

taintedwheat likes this.
    • taintedwheat

taintedwheat Master Astronaut

No worries, haha! Your stuff has people excited! So thanks for getting back to my post c:

But yeah just like moving up a few pixels on the stable up so that it looks more alignd with the house's roof

• madelinealex

I've just uploaded the full tan & navy set! :D As you'll see in the notes, I wasn't able to test all the recolors since I've been taking my game slow. Please let me know if you find any issues and I'll fix them ASAP!

Thank you!!! :love: :3 I think I saw you post that in another thread, can you send me the screenshot of the way your stable looks? I have mine one "player" space apart so mine look pretty aligned. I'll see what I can do once I have that to go off of :)

• Meevers

Meevers Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Ahh it's beautiful, awesome job! <3 I will test it all in the morning and let you know if I find anything (if someone doesn't before me). It's 4am where I am right now. :nurusnooze:

• madelinealex

Thank you so much! :D I appreciate it. Now get your rest so you can binge some more Stardew! Lol :)

• Meevers

It works perfectly! Have two saves, one with the base house and 1st coop and another with the fully upgraded house, deluxe barn and coop. No problems that I can see. They're perfect, thank you. :)

madelinealex likes this.
              • taintedwheat

The fall inspired houses/colors are so pretty! Wah!

• madelinealex

Awesome, so glad they turned out correctly! You're welcome :)

Thank you! ^_^ Fall is definitely my favorite season in game, so I wanted to do something to match!

taintedwheat likes this.
                  • Meevers

It's perfect. I may have gotten a little carried away recolouring things to match...

[​IMG]

madelinealex and taintedwheat like this.
                    • Raspberry Lemonade

Raspberry Lemonade Void-Bound Voyager

These look so good! Waiting for the other recolors- Kinda want something girly. I love that you recolored the sides of the buildings to match the roof better. I'm excited to see what other colors you do. Great work! :love:

• madelinealex

Thanks! :DD Girly is definitely next up on the list after I finish the fall inspired farm building recolors. I want to do a set based on each season. In my head I have a light pink/green combo for spring, a yellow roof w/ light aqua siding and a toned-down electric blue for shutters/door/rug for summer, and a brick red/subtle green tone design for winter, complete with a holly wreath and snow on the roof! Possibly even some Christmas lights like we see on shops and houses in town (though my pixel art is NOT very refined haha). I don't foresee myself going TOO girly with my recolors, though, because I want to try to stay fairly true to CA's style. Since he worked on literally everything himself, I'm not too fond of doing anything that's too different and doesn't "mesh well", if that makes sense. Not that there's anything wrong with that, it's everyone's own game and they can customize how they want, etc., that's just my personal preference with what I put out there. :)

• Raspberry Lemonade

Raspberry Lemonade Void-Bound Voyager

Oh yeah, I'm not looking for crazy girly. Just a little more cute than the vanilla. I look forward to it. It'll be fun to see what you come up with.

madelinealex likes this.
                          • lannihamm

lannihamm Pangalactic Porcupine

im excited to see how the kitchen and furniture recolors turn out, i absolutely adore the tan and navy set ^o^

madelinealex likes this.
                            • madelinealex

Fall Inspired farm building recolors are ready to download! :DD

Thank you! :D It'll probably be a bit before I get around to those since the other "season inspired" recolors are my first priority. I want to get them done while I'm super jazzed about them and have all these ideas, haha. :) But they're definitely on the list!

• madelinealex

Spring Inspired farmhouse & farm building set recolors are ready to download! :D :love:

• taintedwheat

Awww that's super effing cute! is there a way for you to raise a pixel on the stable to match up on the house the spring set? (or send me the .png and I can do all that unpacking nonsense) I love those colors. Girl. You're good with colors ;___;

I was doing a pink color scheme and i'm really too goddamn slow/ my computer is situated at my tv and using my bed; so I don't really have a desk to be doing anything like pixel dotting because its super uncomfortable. So far I did this, but you're way dope ;__;

Attached Files:

madelinealex likes this.
                                  • madelinealex

Thank you! :3 Ugh the colors on this one were such a struggle. I really wanted a green roof and pink siding but oh my GOD every combination I tried looked like a watermelon house, so I had to say screw it and switch it around haha. But I'm glad you like it! Your recolor looks freaking awesome, I can't wait for the rest of the set! :D & I actually just bought a pixel editing software that makes my life 1000x easier when doing these recolors, so I should be able to take a crack at it! How many pixels up, just one?

• taintedwheat

Oh I bet, that would of been cute (same like my childhood house in Richmond haha) Oh cool, what is it?

Yeah, just one, like a pull up :p

• madelinealex

Aseprite! It was $15 and the interface is SO much easier to work with than free software that I tried. I absolutely despised paint.net. And this program is specifically designed with pixel art in mind, too!

And here you go! If there are any others you want edited, just let me know! :)

taintedwheat likes this.
                                        • miryuo

miryuo Zero Gravity Genie

the spring coop is lovely.. and the spring colours in general ^^

madelinealex likes this.