1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Main story replayability help

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by looper8330, Feb 28, 2018.

Tags:
  1. looper8330

looper8330 Yeah, You!

hello I am kinda new here and have a noobish question.
    I want to know if you can replay the main quest on new characters after beating it on another.I know about the outpost and how universe is saved differently from character saves and the npcs will stay over I'm not worried about that at all.
    I just want to know if you can replay main missions if you beat them on another character. I heard from somewhere that after beating the ruin you cant replay any missions on different characters without deleting your universe
    I just want to know how I would replay them on different characters without doing so.

2. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

The questprogress is saved per character, the universe progress is saved in the universe itself.
    So yes, a new character will have to do the missions all over again. Only the outpost will already have its progress as it was before because this is shared.

Milosz3107 likes this.
  3. looper8330

looper8330 Yeah, You!

So if the gate is open in the outpost I can definitely still start the quests on a new character?

4. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

Yup. ^-^

The only quest that is not available is the one for the Ursa Miner (so that the shop opens). But it is not story relevant ;)

5. looper8330

looper8330 Yeah, You!

ok thanks for clearing that up! helped me alot!