1. Thanks for visiting! These forums are for the original Risk of Rain, if you're interested in discussing the newly released Risk of Rain 2 head over to that game's steam discussion forum
    Dismiss Notice

Make Artifact of Origin more worth the journey.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by MahBucket, May 8, 2014.

1. MahBucket

MahBucket Cosmic Narwhal

The Artifact of Origin is really underwhelming for how hard it is to get. It just slightly increases the difficulty of runs. I think that every invasion after the first should have more vanguards, for example, 1st wave has 1 vanguard, 2nd has two, etc.
    I also think that it should spawn a ton of small imps and possibly even overlords. What do you guys think?

• Aeronaut

Aeronaut Pangalactic Porcupine

I think that what you're saying is a great suggestion, as having it scale up with time (and therefore difficulty) would make it more threatening.

I like it in its current state, however, as unexpectedly interrupting massive firefights or even Providence itself is amazing.

In any case, yeah. It would be neat to have it be more difficult to deal with, but perhaps also with a better reward (guaranteed red-tier item?).

• geekofalltrades

geekofalltrades Phantasmal Quasar

It might also be cool if the invasions would meet resistance. Spawn a ton more imps, but then maybe some of Providence's elite Temple Guards spawn to meet the invaders. Whoever wins the ensuing battle is coming for you next.

Leafia_Barrett and ggh325 like this.
        • ggh325

ggh325 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Hopoo, make this happen.

• Swannicus

Swannicus Void-Bound Voyager

I think it would be interesting if a weakened providence + temple guards attacked each time with the super imp (of course with new abilities and way more hp) replaced providence.

• Youkaibuster

Youkaibuster Starship Captain

Also adding an element of unpredictability would be nice. So not exactly every 10 minutes, but every 8-12 minutes would make it scarier, because you can't really prepare yourself for it.

• shadowpikachu

shadowpikachu Space Spelunker

Yea, make something fight them, otherwise its there to give you a heart attack the first time and free stuff any other time.
                I got it by engineer cheesing with friends, cant imagine doing it myself.