Make Backpacks Visible On Your Sprite

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by bailesaur, Mar 14, 2016.

?

Would you like to see your backpack?

1. Yes

66.7%
  2. No

33.3%
  1. bailesaur

bailesaur Pangalactic Porcupine

I was surprised when I bought my first backpack and it did not show up on my back, for some reason I expected it to. I think the backpack should be a small sprite on our back and change when we get the different colored/sized pack. Edit: As many people have stated, having an option (I'm thinking a checkbox in the options screen) to use this feature or not would be the best idea so everyone is happy.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2016
      Tamorr likes this.
    • TheLoreSeeker

TheLoreSeeker Phantasmal Quasar

Yeah. makes sense to me.

• Jack Nevermore

Jack Nevermore Void-Bound Voyager

If they decide to make it visible, I'd like an option for hiding it. I don't care how much sense it would make to actually see it, but I prefer a free view ;)

Rhuenkun likes this.
        • Jumboshrimp

Jumboshrimp Cosmic Narwhal

No, it looks ugly and weird to even carry around at festivals or around town all the time.

• swpau

swpau Ketchup Robot

yes i also love to see my backpack (but if it can become an option that player can choose to let backpack become visible or not is the best)

Tamorr likes this.
            • MariahDawn

MariahDawn Orbital Explorer

I would like it to be a toggleable option as well xD , maybe even decide it's color OR they can give us different bags so we see what looks best on us~

uberlobster and Tamorr like this.
              • swpau

swpau Ketchup Robot

yes, i agree with u

• MariahDawn

It just would make sense to do in a cosmetic standpoint, hey you bought a backpack, do you want to see said backpack? maybe you want another style of backpack. it isn't increasing slots, it is just adding our own flare to it

Tamorr likes this.
                  • GreenWombat

GreenWombat Cosmic Narwhal

As others have said, sure but only if its an option. Personally I don't want to have a backpack stuck on my characters sprite all the time.

• Tamorr

Tamorr Supernova

Having it as an option would be nice, although it showing at all times would be... awkward to an extent. Maybe have it so it shows in the very least in the mines or out and about. And at festivals to not show. Well way I would have it be.

Regardless I like this one, especially the cosmetic things mentioned above. :nuruhappy:

• bailesaur

bailesaur Pangalactic Porcupine

Maybe in character creation you can have a "Backpack Type" option and in game options could have a hide backpack checkbox to hide or show your pack anytime you want.

• hwaitaeng

hwaitaeng Orbital Explorer

since I carry a backpack around in my IRL day-to-day life, I would love to have this as an option! I, too, was surprised that it didn't show up on my back after purchasing it. it'd also be nice to change the colours cos I love all things purple, but neither of the two backpack upgrades are purple..

• Johnny Melano

Johnny Melano Void-Bound Voyager

I go to festivals with the same dirty & sweaty jean overall i use every day, i'd say a bagpack would not really detract from that charming image.

• Jumboshrimp

Jumboshrimp Cosmic Narwhal

I guess depending on your choice, I often change clothes before festivals.

• Destany89

Destany89 Cosmic Narwhal

A option in menu screen and cha he color would great idea!

• uberlobster

uberlobster Void-Bound Voyager

I voted no but I'm just not an advocate for either side. This would be a cosmetic change which depends mostly upon preference. Nonetheless, if it were implemented, I think CA would produce a good sprite. Personally, I'd rather see more customization for clothing and accessories which could easily implement this feature. Maybe I should have voted yes?

• MariahDawn

Yesh you should've owo, i know it would have to be an cosmetic change but just gives you a little more style to your farmer owo~

• Njord

Njord Void-Bound Voyager

This. Better to give players option than to limit them.

• Avdima

Avdima Starship Captain

I hated in Harvest Moon, so my vote goes for "No". A big, fat "NO" actually, while it would most likely look better in this game (that round backpack in HM was awful), it doesn't fit my character.

If it's a toggleable option, then I don't care.