Make own Characters?

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Keidaron, Mar 7, 2016.

1. Keidaron

Keidaron Aquatic Astronaut

Hey,

Can I make own Characters with a own Life and Daythings ? (Sorry for my Bad English)
    And when how ?

• Acrimonia

Acrimonia Subatomic Cosmonaut

You can do it right now if you're wiling to wade through XNB's and be very rudimentary with what you're doing. Don't worry about your english, s'fine.
      You'll need to do a lot of work however; spriting, portraitwork, scheduling (which involves referencing the map) and figuring out how you want the dialogue to look.

If the above didn't make sense to you, or you're scared about your work being made unnecessary by the addition of official or unofficial modding tools, wait for a little bit.
      Chances are good it'll be easier down the line.

Keidaron likes this.
      • Keidaron

ehm... whats scheduling or how do you mean it ?
        And gives a Tutorial for it or an explain?

• Acrimonia

Acrimonia Subatomic Cosmonaut

Scheduling is how an NPC - a 'character' - knows where it's going and what it's doing.
          Linus warming himself by the fire, for example.
          Here's an example of what that might look like:

Looks confusing at first, but we can tell that the first number is the time in 'military' hours, the second is a Location, or area the NPC is found, and the third is where in the location they are or go.
          Unfortunately, I don't have a tutorial on hand - but it's at once complicated (looking up and testing locations to make sure they work) and gets easier when you practice a bit.
          If I find a tutorial I'll link one here.

• Keidaron

Ah okay :)
            Thanks that will help me a lot :)