Make Starter Pets Optional

Discussion in 'Other' started by arkminecraft, Mar 27, 2018.

1. arkminecraft

arkminecraft Guest

Hello, This is my first post on the Chucklefish forums. I made an account and just really had to get this off my chest.

Apparently, ever since version 1.3 of Starbound, there has been a starter pet. The first time I ever played this, I think
    to myself: "How did a cat get in here and survive? Whatever." But over time I think the cat gets really annoying. (I play as the human race) I don't think everyone likes what pet they get for their race, or even want a pet at all. In fact I'm kinda sick of it. Very sick of it. I think I wanna put it up for adoption or just leave it on a planet! Just some method of getting rid of it!

Anyway, if you search up something such as "Starbound How to get rid of starter pet", you will actually see that quite a bit of people are really upset about their pet. To me, the cat serves no purpose. In fact, I see it as a huge nuisance. Also, I can't run any mods, none at all, or my game will crash. I would get the no starting pets mod.

===To get to the point, I will list what I see in starter pets (like my cat) that I am not very happy with:===
    • You can not choose your pet, or even decide if you wanted one.
    • The pet eats food off the ground. There is no need for pets to eat!
    • Pets get in the way of clicking an object (Pressing E) and it is SO annoying!
    • Some people may hate a certain animal like cats. (Personally I don't actually hold any grudge against them)
    • Pets make an annoying sound when jumping around my ship.
    • Gets in the way of placing furniture, so I have to throw food to lure it. Sometimes it will sleep and take forever to move... Oh please. T-T
    • And last, the pet looks kinda stupid when it runs towards me to greet me on my ship and IMMEDIATELY gets in the way of clicking as soon as I just got on!
    Please give the option to get rid of your pet. There is no actual benefit to your pet. (for me) Everything about this game is perfect EXCEPT the pet! JUST the pet!

This is my first post. I read the rules, tried to keep my cool, and revised a lot before posting. I am aware I can get hate for complaining about how bad pets are. I also read everywhere on the Starbound news and made sure it said somewhere they are already doing something about pets. And I posted this in the 'Others' section because NPCs and Creatures seems to be suggestions about adding creatures.

Please give this a read and think it over. Giving the option to remove your pet shouldn't take too long. Please don't assume that EVERYONE is fine with being forced into a permanent bond with an annoying pet.