1. Thanks for visiting! These forums are for the original Risk of Rain, if you're interested in discussing the newly released Risk of Rain 2 head over to that game's steam discussion forum
    Dismiss Notice

Make "View current stats/score" screen a menu option

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Megadog, Jun 12, 2013.

1. Megadog

Megadog Astral Cartographer

First off, people love to show their scores.
    people are super sad if they can't die or end their game to a glitch (and can't see their score)

Also: It's easy to look down and say "well I've got 4 missile launchers and 5 gasoline tanks and 3 etc... so... I have no idea what happens when I shoot, but yay! bang-bang-bang-bang-bang!"

Basically I propose a screen you can bring up through the menu during a game that shows your current score/kills/item count etc, but also details:
    - What total effect occurs on hit. i.e. 32% chance of missiles, 6 life leech, 24% chance to stun etc
    - What total effect occurs on crit. i.e. 30 health, (I'm sure more "on crit" items will join us soon)
    - What total effect occurs on kill. i.e. 8 soul missiles, 40 healing, 2 ghosts, fire etc
    - Other misc stats i.e. Regen in/out of combat, move speed, damage, crit chance etc.

... Lots of rpg-type games have this screen (D3, Path of Exile etc), it's informative and fun to theory craft around!
    I'm hoping that this doesn't get a blanket "It's not a rogue-like thing, so nope."

• Rawrquaza

Rawrquaza Existential Complex

Actually this was the first thing that came to mind, but I wouldn't be against such a screen. The whole "item effects are a mystery" part is gone because items tell you what they do anyway, and I bet that we'll accrue all the specific information on items in a wiki or in threads or something upon release.

• Biomatter

Biomatter Subatomic Cosmonaut

I get a huge boner for stat screens, so I am all behind this idea. I think it would be easier to implement on a per item basis, though, rather than grouping all 'to-hit' items, all 'on-crit' items, etc. That is to say, you just hover your mouse over your AtG Mk.1 missiles to see 'chance-to-proc', or over the S??? Egg to check how much regen it gives out of combat, and so on and so forth.

okok111 and Rawrquaza like this.
        • Shrooblord

Shrooblord Void-Bound Voyager

You could also have a window floating in your screen as long as you hold a certain button like Tab that tells you all you need to know. Just a little list of stats. I like Biomatter's idea too, though.