Modding Help Making a patch for Frackin' Races

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by Darkuodai90, Dec 20, 2018.

1. Darkuodai90

Darkuodai90 Void-Bound Voyager

Hello!

I've been playing a lot of multiplayer Starbound with my friends recently and we use a lot of mods. I am playing as a Glitch but Frackin' Races makes it so they can only eat robot food and not normal food like they do in vanilla. I've decided to try and make my own patch so that Glitch can eat normal food again.

I have worked out that in order to do this I need to change "stat": "isRobot" to "stat": "isOmnivore" under the Glitch race in raceEffects.config to do this but I want to be able to upload a mod to the Steam Workshop so my friends and anyone else who wants this can get it too.

I know that I need to make a patch file for this, but I don't actually know where to go from here. What needs to go in the patch file? Do I just need to edit raceEffects.config and make it into a patch file or do I have to make something from scratch? Or am I missing the point entirely? To actually make a patch file is it as simple as renaming a file extension or is there more to it? I haven't done anything like this before, so sorry if this is a lot and sorry again if this is the wrong place to ask these questions.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!