Modding Help Making the Shizubelle race comp with FR for FU

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by BoxOfPuppy, Jul 21, 2019.

1. BoxOfPuppy

BoxOfPuppy Void-Bound Voyager

I keep getting the Asset error while trying to make this race compatible with FU via FR.
    The funny thing is the the race works completely well when I remove the species.patch file from the /species location. So is there a code I need to input into the shizubelle.species file, or do I need to make a new mod patch for FR all entirely. I tried asking for help with the FU discord, but as of now, they offered as much help as they can. I'm doing this because a lot of people on steam want this race to be compatible with FU. Here's the starbound log.

[Error] Application: exception thrown, shutting down: (AssetException) Error loading asset /species/shizubelle.species

Any suggestions?

2. Shotshell156

Shotshell156 Void-Bound Voyager

There should be a few more error lines in the log that describe it in a bit more detail, if you post those it might help a bit. It'll basically say what line is problematic (if any) and what exception caused the file to fail

3. BoxOfPuppy

BoxOfPuppy Void-Bound Voyager

Here's the log itself.
    I have to look into to it again, but I'm in no rush.

Attached Files:

4. Shotshell156

Shotshell156 Void-Bound Voyager

From what I can see, it's just a few parsing errors that mess up the way the game is loading the patched file. If anything, try downloading a patch file for some other race someone already has uploaded, and cross reference them to see where yours went wrong. Other than that, there were several exceptions from numerous sources that weren't properly parsed, so it's hard to track down specifically whats up with your file.