1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Manufacturer's Touch 1.2.16

Weapons manufacturers now have an effect on randomly generated weapons.

1. Jareix Cryvix

Jareix Cryvix The Waste of Time

This mod is an excellent example of "mods will fix it". I've lots of ideas for an expansion mod...
    Who here likes lasers?

AlbertoRota likes this.
  2. Daoshinto

Daoshinto Void-Bound Voyager

Hello Daoshinto here,
    I have a problem with the 1.0 Version of Manufacturer's Touch.
    Problem: Npcs spawn with Perfectly generic items instead of Weapons (they then spaz out attempting to draw weapons)
    Starbound log reports several hundred instances of:

[Error] Could not instantiate item '[npcshortsword, 1, {}]'. (LuaException) Error code 2, [string "/items/buildscripts/buildweapon.lua"]:216: attempt to concatenate a nil value (field 'shortdescription')
    stack traceback:
    [C]: in metamethod '__concat'
    [string "/items/buildscripts/buildweapon.lua"]:216: in function <[string "/items/buildscripts/buildweapon.lua"]:9>

It appears to be doing this for all weapons.

Looking for the buildscripts in the unpacked mod files and comparing Buildweapon.lua from 0.9.1 and 1.0 in a diffchecker shows me that the problem is probaly with the colored names in weapons.

Would you please look into this? I really enjoy this mod and would like to use the updated weapons with the Graxus fix and the maunfacterer

Im new to posting on this forum and have no idea if this post went through. This might be a duplicate

3. Kitikira

Kitikira Phantasmal Quasar

Wow, that's awful. Sorry I missed that, I should have a fix up shortly, since it shouldn't be too hard to fix.

Ones that add new weapon names probably will not, as this mod removes the manufacturer from the name to add the prefix, and if the mod tries to add into the spot that the names were before, it'll result in strange names. I'll check into this later to see if I can change how the names work to make it compatible.

I'm unsure about the flavor text one. It probably will if it changes the legendary weapons themselves, otherwise it probably won't.

I'd love to add lasers as another weapon type sometime later.

Those all sound really cool! Just so you know, the GitHub isn't updated yet, so base any work you have off of the mod itself until I can find time to update it.

Edit: GitHub should be updated by now

Last edited: Sep 8, 2016
    AlbertoRota and Jareix Cryvix like this.
  4. Kitikira

AlbertoRota and Jareix Cryvix like this.
  5. Daoshinto

I apologize for my unclear and misspelled message previously.
    The ERROR was with all random generated weapons. Both Melee and ranged it appeared.
    Weapons already generated in Player Inventory were replaced properly during the update from 0.9.1 to 1.0.
    The issue was only with newly generated weapons. The issue prevented all random weapons from generating as loot,
    and NPCs defaulted to holding the Perfectly Generic items. So all users should definitely update to this Hot-fix,
    As any generated loot during the bugged 1.0 was broken and missing all Random Weapons.

The Hot-fix 1.0.1 has fixed this issue. Random weapons now generate properly.
    This was tested by running the Erchius Mining Facility Mission repeatedly, as this mission spawns many of the various weapons on the miners. And, of course, low level ranged weapons in the chests.

Thank you for providing a timely fix. Good person is what you are. I wish that more of the mod authors cared as much you do. Really, thank you.

Edit: ("Perfectly Generated" -> "Perfectly Generic") oops.

AlbertoRota likes this.
  6. l4ng4m

l4ng4m Orbital Explorer

Is your mod working for melee weapons like dagger? it seems its not working if it is. Because i saw a rotik dagger i started a new character too to check it if it works but its not working i guess how to activate it?

7. Daoshinto

For l4ng4m:
    This post is based on the Manufacturer's Touch 1.0.1Hot-fix Version:
    Make sure you have the 1.0.1 Hotfix Version of the mod. ( Only run one version.)
    This mod needs to be installed at the "mods" folder in the "Starbound" Directory. (the proper folder contains a Mods_Go_Here file by default.)
    As a user of this mod i have seen many daggers, shortswords, and etc. be replaced in my inventory with the proper mod edited versions when I load my character.
    Do note however, that this mod appears to only edit the Random Weapons that are spawned in chests and drop from enemies as random loot.
    This mod does not ,however, edit the player made weapons made at the anvil and such like them.
    Also, if you are using a weapon made by a different mod and it is not changed by this mod then the Weapon Mod you are using does not use the Vanilla Starbound weapon generation
    so it will not be touched by this mod, as this mod edits that Vanilla Starbound weapon generation.
    So YES both ranged and melee random weapons are modified upon being generated by this mod. But NO to crafted and special other mod weapons.

Edit for more info:
    This mod does however add a DPS stat to crafted melee weapons that can be seen when
    mousing over them in your inventory or the crafting window as this mod edits that display of weapon stats.

AlbertoRota likes this.
  8. Altered_Nova

Altered_Nova Big Damn Hero

I've noticed that there's a modder on the workshop (Superepicgecko) who has been adding lots of new random weapons types to the game with mods. SMGs, Anti-material rifles, flamethrowers, revolvers, etc. Do you think that could work for this mod? It would be another way to make each manufacturer stand out more, if each of them has their own unique weapon type.

9. Kitikira

Adding manufacturers to other randomly generated weapons is pretty easy, since it just involves adding a name to the weapon file, but the hard part would be creating the weapons themselves. Definitely something to consider, and patches to make other mods work with manufacturers would be pretty easy.

Anyway, right now I am trying to clean up my code a bit and make the mod more compatible with other mods, and making sure there are no huge issues like that. Sorry again for missing such a huge thing, and thanks for helping with that. Once all this is done, I plan on putting the mod on the workshop. Still aiming for tonight. Also I'd love to get Alberto's stuff working too by then, but I may not be able to.

AlbertoRota likes this.
  10. AlbertoRota

AlbertoRota Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Well.. here you have, no gifs till tomorrow, try by yourself the manufacturers, specially Xia-Li, Callox, Shade. Co. and Manaticon, it should be quite evident :nurutease:
    Enjoy! Keep the good work up! And update the github!!!:nuruwink:

Attached Files:

11. l4ng4m

l4ng4m Orbital Explorer

the only thing that i did is download the file Manufacturers 1.0.1 .pak and put it in my mod folder also the dagger that i got is a random generated weapon that can find in chest or crates. i also dont have mods that change the vanilla weapons specially the random generated ones. Except for the one that it reinforce the weapons.

12. Kitikira

Do you still have that dagger? I just went on a dagger testing spree and got no strange results, but if you still have that dagger could you try to swing it then post any errors from the starbound.log? In the storage folder.

13. l4ng4m

l4ng4m Orbital Explorer

it has no errors working fine also i found a gun too in the wooden crates but your mod seems not working to my game :( i really wanted it.

14. Kitikira

Kitikira updated Manufacturer's Touch with a new update entry:

Update 1.0.2

Read the rest of this update entry...

AlbertoRota likes this.
  15. Kitikira

In addition to 1.0.2, which finally introduces some of the cool stuff Alberto's been showing off (but not enough of it yet, sadly), I've finally put this mod on the Steam Workshop, available here. Hopefully the automatic updating thing will help you get hot fixes and stuff faster without having to redownload the mod so often.

AlbertoRota and l4ng4m like this.
  16. l4ng4m

l4ng4m Orbital Explorer

how i wish it will work now thankyou for the update!

17. Kitikira

Update 1.0.3

AlbertoRota likes this.
  18. Kitikira

Update 1.0.4 (Minor Changes)

AlbertoRota likes this.
  19. AlbertoRota

AlbertoRota Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Well... til you update the github version, here you have!
    Weapon reinforce pod compatible UI.png
    Weapon reinforce pod compatible UI - Mele.png
    Made "Manufacturer's touch" fully compatible with "Weapon reinforce pod.

Only two files needed to be changed, you have them attached:nuruwink:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 10, 2016
  20. Superepicgecko

Superepicgecko Space Penguin Leader

Already working on it in the form of an MT expansion which adds a LOT of new manufacturers and color options.
    Naturally, this will support all my mods :)

Kitikara, I've been experimenting with some laser weaponry lately. If you want help adding lasers I can probably provide it. Two types of lasers I have working: One is a continuous beam, which works like the vanilla Aegisalt Pistol, the a second kind which is a thin beam that is fired in place of a normal projectile.

AlbertoRota likes this.