Modding Help [Map] Setting doors inside the house open above 4 hearts?

Discussion in 'Mods' started by mascotte, Dec 14, 2019.

1. mascotte

mascotte Void-Bound Voyager

(My English might/will be weird, but please kindly understand me!)

I made my Custom NPC(marriable)'s house with a separated bedroom,
    and was thinking of letting the player able to access it only when above 4 hearts.

Umm, at first, is it possible to make a Custom NPC's house accessible after reaching 2 hearts like Leah & Elliot?
    I'm sure it'll work if I put in like "Action | LockedDoorWarp 7 9 AmyHouse 1000 1800 Amy 500" to the buildings tile?
    I didn't add my Custom NPC to the game yet, and just a little bit concerned here. Am I getting it right?

And to the main question, as we know, all of the marriable NPC's have a 2 heart barrier on their room(or homeplace),
    so I tested out putting in "Action | Door Haley 1000" to the buildings tile sheet, just in case it might just work out?!
    And yup, as expected, not a chance :rofl: Things don't go such an easy way :/

I absolutely looked through the Wiki Modding:Maps page, but couldn't find the answer I wanted.
    Isn't there any way to add a command by using CP or something? It would be so much awesome X(

Please, HELP!

• minervamaga

minervamaga Pangalactic Porcupine

As far as I know, the two heart requirement is hardcoded. You could use content patcher to change the map after they get four hearts with your NPC as a workaround though. And yes, custom NPCs should be able to use that feature.

mascotte likes this.
      • mascotte

mascotte Void-Bound Voyager

Thx for the reply, minervamaga!! <3
        Hardcoded, I see X( Then just giving up is the best solution I guess :rofl:

BTW, I really appreciate the whole bunch of work you’ve done, and uploaded on Nexus!! Love your mods :)

• minervamaga

minervamaga Pangalactic Porcupine

Aww, thank you! But like I said, it's not impossible, just not possible in the way you are thinking about. You can load a map without the door, maybe just a message instead up until the players gets 4 hearts with your NPC. And then use CP's conditions to edit in a new door with the lock property from that point on!

mascotte likes this.