NPC Marriage and Babies

Discussion in 'NPCs and Creatures' started by AirplaneRandy, Nov 2, 2012.

1. Zody

Zody Weight of the Sky

No. Completely unneeded, non-functional and not in line with the rest of the game. Basically only useful for hardcore role playing, which is so niched that developer time is better spent elsewhere. Not to mention goddamn unkillable children. - my two cents

2. GunmanRex

GunmanRex Oxygen Tank

I hated that in skyrim.

3. Zody

Zody Weight of the Sky

4. GunmanRex

GunmanRex Oxygen Tank

5. Auudar

Auudar Phantasmal Quasar

I for one like the idea if done right. It doesn't need to hold the game back but be an update later. Plus it would get other ppl who would normally not play the game actually play it and enjoy it. Example? My wife, we get married in ever game we can and she didn't like terraria not because of the game but because she's not used to using the keyboard to move around. If marriage was in the game she probably would of bought her own copy and played it with me a lot more than a few hours.

Considering this game is as big as it is already I don't see it being a problem or time consuming to stick it in the game at a later date. Like I said it would get other ppl like girlfriends/boyfriends or husbands/wifes to play with their partner. Now the having children thing I don't really see or care for having in the game. I have one in real life and I'd prefer not to have to take care of one in game.

6. The Demon of Borders

The Demon of Borders King Homestuck 4.13

Not compatible with Florans.

7. Auudar

Auudar Phantasmal Quasar

Why because they are a unisex race? Well there is a "male/female" option and even if they don't reproduce like others doesn't mean they can't care about another Floran. If anyone is uncompatible with this idea it would be Robots.

8. Alternal

Alternal Existential Complex

I hate children.
    Anyways, I also see this as being kind of pointless when it comes to single player, I mean it's a lot of work for the Devs, along with the fact that it would require new mechanics and the like.
    I also find it strange that the kids can't die, yet your spouse can? Everything will die eventually, it wouldn't make sense if part of your world got airstriked and a little baby just casually crawls out.
    And my last point would be that it's kinda hard to get attached to about 40 pixels, and not to mention that the Devs would need to add a ton of text and features just for your spouse, and then for homosexuals you need an adoption system and.... geez.

9. >Marry a person
    >Have kids
    >Wait for kids to grow to adults
    >Divorce with spouse
    >Marry kids
    >????
    >Oh god

ArchmageZandor, Zailiner and Alternal like this.
  10. Bolt

Bolt Cosmic Narwhal

Don't forget:
    >Repeat

Suika Ibuki likes this.
  11. Zailiner

Zailiner Over 9000!!!

STDs should be a thing.

Bolt likes this.
  12. RexMori

RexMori Industrial Terraformer

I don't really like this idea. BUT!!! same gender or different races could have children by splicing DNA together. my two cents.

13. Lord Kain

Lord Kain Ketchup Robot

I don't think Starbound needs marriage or babies. It would be a bit strange and would remind alot of us of The Sims or Dating sims. Which I would rather stay away from. If I want to have virtual kids. I'll re-install the sims or Virtual Villagers.

14. Zailiner

Zailiner Over 9000!!!

Shame that you can't run around killing aliens in the sims or Virtual Villagers.

15. Lord Kain

Lord Kain Ketchup Robot

Lol this is true unless you have the sims 2 installed and you light a house on fire with aliens in it

Zailiner likes this.
  16. Auudar

Auudar Phantasmal Quasar

Other games besides Dating Sims and The Sims have marriage and I doubt its hard to put in the game. Kids on the other hand I'd rather not see but others might. I was married in a few MMO's and the only way to tell was either a last name or a ring. So it wouldn't be a hard thing to do and if anything it will add to the game not take away.

17. Rainbow Dash

Rainbow Dash Oxygen Tank

olny if i get to run around as a prego lady with a rocket lancher

also gay marriage ftw, that stuffs hott

18. Tell me again about how universally wrong gay marriage is, that they don't deserve to live.
    Also, tell me about that one story wherein they are threatening the lives of straight people.

No? that's right, get your worldly views out of here

Let's talk about babies and powerthirst and all that things you do after marriage instead

19. You're allowed your opinion, but I'd prefer you not to alienate a portion of our community (and development team) by saying they don't deserve to exist.

I'd also prefer for everyone not to turn this into an off-topic discussion about marriage equality. This is an ingame suggestion thread. Real-world opinions aren't really relevant.

20. Zody

Zody Weight of the Sky

There are, perhaps, other things that "doesnt deserve to exist in humanity". just saying :yeahhhh: