Marriage like Stardew Valley?

Discussion in 'Mechanics' started by XelaBruh, Aug 25, 2016.

?

Thoughts on Starbound Marriage?

1. Heck Yes!

2. Yes

3. Meh..

4. No

5. Heck No!

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. XelaBruh

XelaBruh Aquatic Astronaut

Okay so heres a thought, lets say you've been exploring the vast emptiness of space and you're starting to feel an emptiness of your own. Emptiness that a meager crew can't fill, so instead you want to settle down and net yourself a nice lad or lassie. Heres where marriage swoops in to soothe your lonesome self. It would go as follows:

1. You look for your potential spouse.
    2. Develop a love interest with the individual (maybe like Stardew Valley?).
    3. Then you could either go mine yourself a gorgeous diamond or purchase one from the infinity express or some such place.

P.S. Maybe the spouse can give you a special buff like maybe Lover's Embrace ;)
    P.P.S. AND maybe possibly you could have children!

~please and thank you for some feedback :)

Snow209 likes this.
  2. YellowDemonHurlr

YellowDemonHurlr Ketchup Robot

Given that the NPCs are already more alive than most sandbox games, I always kind of thought it would be nice to have something like this.

3. bk3k

bk3k Oxygen Tank

I've considered eventually making a mod where NPCs in some places begin changing their world dynamically. More so inspired by the Minecraft mod Millenaire... I have no idea if that mod is still alive. It has been a long time since I played Minecraft. But the villages that got added where seriously watered down versions of what Millenaire did (and probably only got implemented because of it). The mod you linked greatly improves upon those watered-down villages, but still doesn't seem to match what Millenaire accomplished back in the day(or so I have determined from their description).

In any case I've drawn up some plans on that notion which I believe are viable, so you may see something like this eventually in one form or another.

XelaBruh likes this.
  4. Sharp(JQ)

Sharp(JQ) Ketchup Robot

Let no perversion, particularly racial.

XelaBruh likes this.
  5. XelaBruh

Yeah i forgot to mention that. You should be able to marry any race!

6. Sharp(JQ)

Sharp(JQ) Ketchup Robot

It's not ME.

7. bk3k

bk3k Oxygen Tank

No Glitch because

[​IMG]

DJFlare84, XelaBruh and Sharp(JQ) like this.
  8. YellowDemonHurlr

YellowDemonHurlr Ketchup Robot

Millenaire and Mincecraft Comes Alive are two different approaches to making NPCs feel alive: Millenaire is a society simulation, what with the expanding villages and all. MCA is a social simulation, focusing on individual relationships. The two are complimentary (aside from the fact that they have separate NPCs), and both approaches would theoretically work in Starbound, alone or paired.

9. XelaBruh

I'm lovin the feed back bros!

10. bk3k

bk3k Oxygen Tank

Good to know. When I played, I don't think MCA was a thing yet. And in fact I don't know the current state of Millenaire either... could be more revolutionary than ever? I might consider checking them out, and for that matter dusting off Minecraft. That involves finding my old username and password... hmm maybe later.

11. Nerd-with-a-Pencil

Nerd-with-a-Pencil Title Not Found

Back when I actually played Minecraft, MCA was one of my favorite mods. I would love to see something like that in Starbound.

XelaBruh likes this.
  12. DJFlare84

DJFlare84 Spaceman Spiff

Only if the Spouse has a benefit other than hovering around you, letting hearts bubble out of their heads and occasionally whispering sweet nothings in your ears.

Perhaps Spouses have different benefits depending on the kind.

Homemaker - This type of spouse cooks a meal for you every so often, attempting to ensure you stay well fed. Right click the spouse to open the menu and let them know what food is your favorite. How often they have food ready for you and what tiers of foods they can make are dependent on your relationship level and what recipes you personally have unlocked.

Earner - This type of spouse works for a living and shares their earnings with you every so often (so basically like a tenant). Again, your relationship level would determine how much they're willing to share with you. Right-clicking this spouse will open up an Employment window with some options.
    The first of these option sets is Risk Level. Do you want your spouse to take on high-paying, but dangerous work? Or safer, less profitable ventures? If you choose for Risky ventures, there is a chance that on occasion your spouse becomes injured and cannot work for a while. Higher relationship levels reduce this chance of course, but it will always be present.
    The second set of options is Part Time or Full Time. With full-time work, your spouse will be away for longer periods but will come home with more money. Part-time workers will return more frequently and make less overall, but will have more time to spend with you, sweetcakes.

Agent - This type of spouse wants to help you drum up business! When you have this type of spouse, the likelihood that random NPC's around you will want to give you quests will increase. When right-clicking this spouse, you can select what kind of quests you prefer, which increases the chances that quests you receive will be that kind of quest. Relationship levels will affect both of these things.

Priest(ess) - This type of spouse is similar to Tonauac. You can talk to them to receive a 'blessing', which gives you a specific buff (or multiple buffs) for a limited period of time. Like the Homemaker, you can right-click this spouse to select from a list of buffs that you like. The number of blessings and their duration is affected by your relationship level with this spouse. Building your relationship also improves their list of blessings. They will not give you another blessing until the previous blessings have worn off (the blessings do not begin wearing off until you leave the ship and go adventuring).

13. Artemis

Artemis Void-Bound Voyager

what about Gender
    I think you should also marry what gender you feel comfortable with