NPC Marriage to NPCs?

Discussion in 'NPCs and Creatures' started by AirguitarZ, Jul 7, 2013.

?

Should we be able to marry NPCs?

1. Yes

77.1%
  2. No

17.1%
  3. Maybe

11.4%
  1. AirguitarZ

AirguitarZ Orbital Explorer

Does anyone else think it would be a good idea to be able to marry a NPC like in games like Skyrim.

BrenSage, MacNCheeze210 and Uan like this.
  2. SuggestionsBot

SuggestionsBot Autonomous Posting Device

Thanks for submitting a new suggestion!

Please remember to give your opinion on this suggestion by voting on our suggestions page.

3. Uan

Uan Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I personally don't like that idea because I'm buying this game for the element of exploration and all the randomnesness, but maybe the roleplay people're gonna like it.:up:

BrenSage and Baku Vicen like this.
  4. Diagnosan

Diagnosan Subatomic Cosmonaut

I voted maybe. It could be interesting for the sake of character development. It would need to be balanced and not at all mandatory, though. Seeing an epic story-line only if you are the sort that likes to hit on NPCs in their dialogue box may be an iffy design choice.

It could also come across as really ham-fisted if done incorrectly. I'm not sure I'd want them taking the risk.

5. Baku Vicen

Baku Vicen Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Nope. Think it's more interesting crew or merchants NPCs, but for this kind of game, it's unnecessary

6. DoomZero

DoomZero Zero Gravity Genie

I downvoted, mostly for the reason that I don't see relationships or marriage as having a place in a game like this. It simply doesn't make all that much sense to me, thematically.

7. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

I voted for all three options on the poll. Anyway, this has been suggested many times before, so who knows. Maybe someone will mod it in, but it's probably not necessary in the base game.

8. Tana64

Tana64 Sandwich Man

This is the briefest post on marriage I've seen yet...come on, Chum; put some effort in!

What are the benefits? Consequences? Why would you get married, and what do you acquire if you do? Do you have to keep your partner happy? Do they give you rewards based on how you treat them, and where they originate from? Do you get tangible perks, or simply the satisfaction that you have a spouse waiting for you both in-game, AND IRL?

Spoiler: the IRL partners don't take long periods of being ignored anywhere near as well as NPCs. Unless you can convince them to play, too. :redpanda:

Jonesy likes this.
  9. MacNCheeze210

MacNCheeze210 Void-Bound Voyager

Marriage should be implemented. But being able to marry should include benefits, like perks or daily supplies from your spouse. Also the element of choice is essential. Players shouldn't be forced to marry.