NPC Marriageable NPCs

Discussion in 'NPCs and Creatures' started by TeslaCoil, Dec 8, 2013.

?

Yes?

1. No.

16.3%
  2. Yeah.

52.2%
  3. Nah.

10.9%
  4. Hyeah.

20.7%
  1. TeslaCoil

TeslaCoil Star Wrangler

Title self explanatory. Maybe something you could gain through dialogue or an item that you offer to the bot/person of interest. :lolwut:

Thought occurred to me when i found a wedding dress in a glitch village. :3

Saybah, ChaoticGamer and DodgerBL like this.
  2. skyace65

skyace65 Aquatic Astronaut

i think it would be cool. also i think i hit the no button on the poll by mistake

JohnnyValentino likes this.
  3. TeslaCoil

TeslaCoil Star Wrangler

4. Anenfairy

Anenfairy Void-Bound Voyager

I really like this idea. Perhaps it could be added on, like maybe you need to feed your spouse as well.

5. TeslaCoil

TeslaCoil Star Wrangler

Too much adventuring could result in a poor starving spouse :(

JohnnyValentino and Anenfairy like this.
  6. Pixelatd

Pixelatd Void-Bound Voyager

I like this idea! With a game like Starbound, this would add a whole other level to roleplay. but the whole wife starving if you're gone too long might be a little difficult to balance. maybe make it possible to ask you're wife to join you on your ship for those extended adventures.

7. TeslaCoil

TeslaCoil Star Wrangler

Wife starving?

I was talking about husband starving :D

Pixelatd likes this.
  8. Trent

Trent Big Damn Hero

Special mission that requires you to rescue your spouse from marauding space penguins :)

I would love to be able to "adopt" adventurous villagers who want to see more of the world. It would be fun to watch them pair off and eventually see some tots running around your base.

9. Damuranashi

Damuranashi Existential Complex

I love this. If I can't have a girlfriend in real life, I can have one in Starbound!

ShinyPants and YeBittenDog like this.
  10. YeBittenDog

YeBittenDog Aquatic Astronaut

I wonder if it's something the devs are thinking about if there is already an item in the game for it?

11. moontaker

moontaker Void-Bound Voyager

that'd be so cuuute, maybe even with adoptable children? perhaps they could put in markers for different personality types so you can always have a unique spouse. nothing extremely complicated just different dialogue

12. YeBittenDog

YeBittenDog Aquatic Astronaut

I vote for the option to sell children at NPC villages... lol.

Peachy and JohnnyValentino like this.
  13. TeslaCoil

TeslaCoil Star Wrangler

Something tells me you don't have kiddies

14. Pixelatd

Pixelatd Void-Bound Voyager

The thing about this though is that Chucklefish would first have to implement a more complicated chat system then they currently have (think sims)

15. TheLostSentinel

TheLostSentinel Big Damn Hero

Aww. :<

I think it'd be fun though, yeah. Why not? If we're going to get more NPC interaction later, why not be able to marry NPC's so they'll be like specialized companions or something?

16. Horus-the-Chorus

Horus-the-Chorus Subatomic Cosmonaut

I had this thought not too long ago so I definitely support this.

I think it would be cool to "marry" people on multiplayer... for fun, or whatever~ might make another thread for that if someone hasn't already, ehehehe

17. ShinyPants

ShinyPants Void-Bound Voyager

I always like having marriageable NPCs in games, I think it would be awesome to be able to do it in Starbound. If done right, it can really add a nice new aspect to the game, something relaxing in between the adventures. Like in Skyrim (Hearthfire DLC), when you have a break from quests to go play with your adopted children etc.

18. Damuranashi

Yes, like that! But the marriage system in Skyrim was more like a slave system. You marry someone and then go to your house everyday to get money...
    I love Lydia... and the worst thing that I could do to her was... marry her...
    I'm sorry Lydia! :cry:

19. Damuranashi

So not even in Starbound... I guess I'm going to enter in a monastery or something...

20. ChaoticGamer

ChaoticGamer Master Astronaut

I do agree bro, but starbound is have difficult thing it goes...maybe some day they might put into it later on, I am pretty sure they aren't doing it now now, just probably with in few months or a year they may able had it fix and running for wedding days.