NPC Marriageable NPCs

Discussion in 'NPCs and Creatures' started by TeslaCoil, Dec 8, 2013.

?

Yes?

1. No.

16.3%
  2. Yeah.

52.2%
  3. Nah.

10.9%
  4. Hyeah.

20.7%
  1. Damuranashi

Damuranashi Existential Complex

And then I will have someone in my life.

2. Damuranashi

Damuranashi Existential Complex

She can steal whatever she wants... except money.

3. James009

James009 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I always kind of like the way that Fable implemented this system. Something along the lines of it in Starbound could be cool too.

4. Spitfire

Spitfire Former Staff

Just had to delete 2 pages of off-topic drivel and issue a warning for derailing the thread/spam... let's try and keep this a little bit more focused please, people. I'm sure OP isn't enjoying having this thread shat all over! ;)

5. ChaoticGamer

ChaoticGamer Master Astronaut

back from our longest moment sorry for chatting off the topic, which I done fun experimental that I've done with in nuts mix with drinks I made for the sq...I kind of think I gave them seziure anyway back to the topic

I think the wedding stuff should be ezy made, by using fabric because they did use cotton, animals, and whatever they can find as clothing. So I still wait for friendly fire turn off on our NPC or have chose turn it off at lest. -.-, cuz I killed too many civilians in my ship accidentally...too many time, YOU KNOW HOW HARD FIND A DOCTOR FROM 1 OUT OF TRILLION GALAXY and FREAKING 5 Billion WORLD! which they might have to change that for sure and also still on the friendly fire stuff.

Back to the topic again, wedding yes yes. We only know we could do it on other players, but developer having hard time with bug issue flying around...I mean really really flying around (look at the slow loading when coming into the new world) *sigh* (sit down grief looking at the half the world) anyway, I think we should have wedding stuff tested out little out more in the beta so that we also can be involved bit more.

6. ScribbleNova

ScribbleNova Void-Bound Voyager

You still make no sense.

Ignis likes this.
  7. TeslaCoil

TeslaCoil Star Wrangler

Thank you for trying at least. :)

I understand sort of what chaotic is trying to say. But I think you're thinking too elaborately. Make it non-complex companionship but still make it personal and intimate <3

Meaning no large weddings. Sharks hate fancy weddings anyhow. Makes the electro senses ally buzzy.

ChaoticGamer likes this.
  8. ChaoticGamer

hey its not ezy when insanity take over your mind ok. at lest I am trying keep myself going chaotic for the moment. I am saying, if we have wedding in the game, the wedded and the groom outfits are really hard to find, and who would just run off and search trillions of glitch's castles anyway? I am just suggesting that using just regular fabric the material common used, so it won't be so rare to get.

the part I was off the topic was NPC merchant, doc, ect that you have to find them in da chest, thous are still pain in da #!! still which I found none so far.

Another part I was trying not go side track but it was about the friendly fire on NPC, like your own guards, civilians and merchant -.- funky bug that when you die, you auto hit once...so that why you don't want your wife in the back, just in case you have rocket launcher, you better hope that was aiming up or one the guards you don't care about.

TeslaCoil explain the last part which complete that part, but now we discuss the main course (da prime meal), we need a space priest or wedding con..(trying look in the dicitonary) f**# *flip the book over* whatever, I am going call it the wedding planner person who would announce you husbands and wives (I have no clue how much limited husbands and wives the players should have cuz when I look at fable, I mean there is lots wives).

Wedding plan or how start wedding, find dude who is priest who take care wedding stuff, he will auto set up the chairs and he should have giant house like or long hail way (this would be in random generated or make priest and have a house ready for him) and yea, you can start your wedding in few minutes which bring all civilians npc that is in town come and watch you be groom or bride which you don't have to have someone walk you down, so yea, the priest give you chose either yes or no, if you chose no, u hear sobbing from whoever your marriage to and might get a glass smash in your face (last part sarcastic moment)

If any NPC call an objection, its either a duel or quest to prove that you are worthy to marry him/her. its kind of romeo and Juliet accept for you can mess around a lot stuff.

Yea pretty much sums it up for now. *turn around* now I have to place my head in my block of ice that I had ready for me. *steam coming out head*

9. TeslaCoil

TeslaCoil Star Wrangler

What I meant was no fancy wedding mechanics.

10. ScribbleNova

@ChaoticGamer No. Tl;dr

@TeslaCoil It shouldn't be TOO complicated but I would enjoy it to be a bit difficult to have a marriage, like I wouldn't wanna walk up to a NPC or Player and be like "Marry me." and bam, I'd rather have to get either a ton of materials for it or would have to prove myself.

11. TeslaCoil

TeslaCoil Star Wrangler

Fair enough. I guess it would be a good idea to make it make sense.

12. ChaoticGamer

Tl;dr? wut is that, I am bit late for update on texting code. explain please.

13. ScribbleNova

Too long, didn't read.

14. ChaoticGamer

fine make short simple I will make.

• Marry random NPC
    • find priest or marriage planner
    • wedding can start soon if you wanted too
    • NPC villages can come and see you happy getting married
    • If NPC don't like it its either a duel or calling an objection so quest line
    • Then you make babies just doing it like bunnies(joking)
    • having a house to lived in or lived in your space ship
    • living as happy couple as long your NPC doesn't die or get angry deiced rip the married thing

15. ScribbleNova

Alright, thank you very much.

16. ChaoticGamer

would you like have a cookie with that too sir?