1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Matter Manipulator Manipulator 2.1

Change size & toggle liquid collection

1. v6ooo

v6ooo Space Kumquat

The log didn't show anything weird. You can reset a matter manipulator by giving yourself a new one and some modules to get back upgrades.

Do you notice this problem directly after modifying something on the M.M. through the GUI or does it happen while just running around and playing?

What's the max size your manipulator can reach when it occurs?

2. The_Wanderer

The_Wanderer Scruffy Nerf-Herder

1. I didn't know I could get a new matter manipulator? What's the command to do that?

2. No, it just happens seemingly randomly while I'm playing.

3. I can still freely change the mining area size, but the 2X2 is the only size that'll break blocks when the glitch occurs.

3. v6ooo

v6ooo Space Kumquat

1. You will need to enable /admin, use /giveessentialitem beamaxe beamaxe and /spawnitem manipulatormodule AmountHere

3. What's the largest radius/size available, that you have unlocked.

4. The_Wanderer

The_Wanderer Scruffy Nerf-Herder

1. Thank you, though I have discovered that upgrading the matter manipulator does fix the problem at least temporarily. But it's still useful to know how to do that if I ever encounter this bug again.

2. I've unlocked up to the 4X4 mining area, but a significant amount of time passed between me upgrading to that and the bug occurring.

EDIT: I think lag might be the culprit here, because the bug just happened to me again when I tried to change the mining area size during a lag spike. If that is indeed what's happening, then the problem I'm having is just my computer being crappy and not something wrong with your mod.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2017
  5. bk3k

bk3k Oxygen Tank

I've been playing around with some GUI stuff(inventory mostly) and that incidentally led to an idea for this mod.

The scanmode tool has flashlight-like functionality, but doesn't perform quite the same as one. It is using the same JSON attributes with different values. You could make a few variants that perform better, and swap them like you are doing with the beamaxe now.

Unlock the upgraded output with a few modules + a regular flashlight to cannibalize.
    Likewise unlock more colors options with those color flashlights.

I don't know off hand if the beamaxe would accept the same JSON attributes and allow it to also turn the flashlight on. Probably it would ignore them because of all the hard coding. But if not, that would also be a nice upgrade too.

I have no idea if this idea interests you, but I figured I'd provide it all the same as it falls in line with what this mod does already.

6. sksig

sksig Intergalactic Tourist

Thank you for perfect mod, it really great.

I got same bug as The_Wanderer wrote. Exactly same symptomes - i can dig only 2x2 (with slow speed, as if i have no power upgrades), can switch to 2x2 and 3x3 freely, but at 1x1 and 3x3 can't dig at all.

Possible reason (maybe it will help somehow). I use AutoHotKey to automatize game and made few macros to fast switch digging size from keyboard. Bug happend when i tested this macros - i switched digging size up and down very fast via macros and it stucked.

I fixed all back with commands you told:
    /admin
    /giveessentialitem beamaxe beamaxe
    /spawnitem manipulatormodule [number of modules to upgrade all back as it was]

Now i increased pauses in macros and it works norm :)

Last edited: Mar 24, 2017
  7. v6ooo

v6ooo Space Kumquat

8. v6ooo

v6ooo Space Kumquat

Planning to remake this mod and add more stuff. If you have any ideas or suggestions then please post here.

9. v6ooo

v6ooo Space Kumquat

10. Eric

Eric Existential Complex

Color options would be awesome

11. v6ooo

v6ooo Space Kumquat

Could you elaborate on that. What color options do you mean.

12. v6ooo

v6ooo Space Kumquat

13. Eric

Eric Existential Complex

You know, make the manipulator itself be color changed from yellow to whatever you like. Maybe do a little thing like the mechs have for coloring

14. Gratuitous Lurking

Gratuitous Lurking Space Kumquat

why stop at color? A built-in unlockable skin system, copying some of the assets from the other racial matter manipulator mods running around?

My only real suggestion would be increased area and range further, if only to aide in some really heavy world-destryoing and rebuilding. I think as far as power goes we're probably as high as we really feasibly need, even with the harder FU materials...

15. L'gra

L'gra Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Well, how about a small expansion for admin mode, it already destroys everything and has endless reach, so allow it to have endless AoE. Simply allow people to expand it as much as they want. For normal play, hmm, having toggle-able affect modes(liquids only, decorations/furniture, normal/wall blocks if possible.), it would help people make less mistakes by only allowing the things they want to be affect. Though of course if you did that, then people will stat demanding specific block control(dirt, cobble stone, mud, etc.). Maybe even shape control(square, rectangle, triangle, etc.), how that could work, IDK, I imagine something like a grid with light and dark squares, lit ones will where things will be placed/removed. Last idea... Zero Point Energy, an ability only gain-able after the final boss, also making sure it can't affect anything tag/marked as a boss.

16. PParrot

PParrot Aquatic Astronaut

Mod slightly conflicts with FR modifications of the Apex and Elunite MM, can be fixed putting this code in mmm.lua inside the init() function
    Code:
        if player.essentialItem("beamaxe").name == "beamaxeapex" then
            mmm.size.base = 3
            mmm.size.current = 3
            mmm.size.max = 3
        else if player.essentialItem("beamaxe").name == "beamaxeelunite" then
            mmm.power.current = 1.25
            mmm.power.min = 1.25
            mmm.power.base = 1.25
            mmm.power.step = 1.25
        end
    end

Optionally, you can omit the mmm.power.step
    EDIT: I forgot an end in there, my bad

Last edited: Aug 20, 2017
  17. v6ooo

v6ooo Space Kumquat

18. Mooncalf99

Mooncalf99 Spaceman Spiff

The graphics for the MM interface is a bit messed up with the latest update:
    upload_2017-8-29_16-1-45.png

I've tested using both Stardustlib and Quickbar Mini. I don't know what's wrong - help/fix, please?

19. v6ooo

v6ooo Space Kumquat

I don't touch the MM Upgrade screen anymore so if something is broken there, it isn't due to MMM.

Could you post a log file and I'll see if I can spot anything.

Edit: I'm talking to the author of EMM and he's looking if it's something with EMM.

20. Niran

Niran Cosmic Narwhal

Whoops, sorry. That's my fault, the Forum Version (which i assume you are using) is still one version behind and hasn't fixed compatibility with StardustLib (only Quickbar so far), will update immediately.

EDIT: Should be fixed now, download the new version and overwrite. Thanks to V6 for telling me.