1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Matter Manipulator Plus (new manipulators for each pickaxe tier) (Archive)

Discussion in 'In-Game Tools' started by Xuhybrid, Dec 7, 2013.

1. Hexerin

Hexerin Existential Complex

that sounds a bit out of my range...

2. Xuhybrid

Xuhybrid Scruffy Nerf-Herder

3. Hexerin

ooo thanks for the link, i'm very much interested is modding.

4. Schwarzklang

Schwarzklang Space Spelunker

Same price and stats as the mining specific tools without durability loss? Feels like cheating

5. Hexerin

then don't download it.

6. Xuhybrid

Yeah, unfortunately there's nothing i can do about that. Adding durability makes the item invalid. The durability system isn't really that important to be honest. You maybe use a few copper ore every now and then but it has very little impact.

Crackerjack likes this.
  7. Mumeishi

Mumeishi Seal Broken

Does this replace the ax tool as well or is it really slow for trees?

8. Xuhybrid

Yes, you can use this to chop trees faster too. It increases the speed of the tool as it gets upgraded, just like pickaxes. I haven't compared the tool against Axes though so it might only be effective at Copper or Silver. Feel free to report back!

Last edited: Dec 8, 2013
  9. Mumeishi

Mumeishi Seal Broken

It's not as good as the stone ax tool. Seems even slower than the plat pickaxe, when used on trees.

10. Xuhybrid

Yeah it does seem a little slow at lower level MM. I compared the Diamond MM to the regular Stone Axe and its very comparable. Not sure which is faster.

11. Lenney

Lenney Void-Bound Voyager

The loss of durability on pickaxes feels like a gimmick anyway, intended to keep you from mining straight down, but it doesn't even work. Being able to repair a Diamond Pickaxe with copper doesn't help that either.

Ixath and Crackerjack like this.
  12. Xuhybrid

Ive updated the file structure with support for several mod loaders. It can still be installed manually if you wish. Tested and working for Annoyed Koala.

If you liked this mod, please remember to Endorse it on Nexusmods to increase its visibility!

13. yk999

yk999 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Neither the first version nor the new version works for me with Annoyed Koala. I started using mods folder-bootstrap edit method to install mods. Most of the mods work fine, but not yours. Your items folder gives me infinite loading screen, recipes folder is fine.

14. yk999

From stonebeamaxe.beamaxe:

"image" : "/mods//mattermanipulatorplusitems/stonegravgun.png",

Two slashes between mods and matter and no slash between plus and items?

But after fixing them there is still infinite loading screen. I'll try something else.

15. Xuhybrid

Ahh thanks for pointing out that typo. I'll get the fix up asap. The mod works fine here, that typo does not cause infinite loading.

Do you have two copies of these files (multiple versions installed)? I only get infinite loading screen when there's duplicate items with the same ID. Please add a spoiler with your starbound.log or put it on paste bin if there are still issues!

Last edited: Dec 10, 2013
  16. Xuhybrid

The typo fix is up so the Stone MM appears in your hand now.

17. yk999

Here:

Error: Exception caught in Thread Async root loader: ItemException: Duplicate item name 'copperbeamaxe' found

But i can't find any duplicates.There is only one copperbeamaxe.beamaxe and there is one for recipe.

18. Xuhybrid

Ahh i know what it is, you're using the bootstrap to apply the mod? You don't need to do that for folders inside the assets folder. You're loading my mod an extra time :D

19. yk999

My "mods" folder is inside Starbound folder, not assets folder. I tried putting it inside assets folder, it gave me an error and the game didn't start. By the way there are no other mods inside mods folder right now, i'm just trying your mod.

20. Xuhybrid

Hmm, you mentioned that you tried the old version too? The old version puts files in the following directories instead of its own separate mods folder.
    Code:
    Items
    \Steam\SteamApps\common\Starbound\assets\items\tools

Recipes
    \Steam\SteamApps\common\Starbound\assets\recipes\starter\anvil
    \Steam\SteamApps\common\Starbound\assets\recipes\starter\crafting table
    Its apparent from your error log that there's another copy of the files installed in your assets folder, so as a last resort, run a scan for 'copperbeamaxe.beamaxe' to find them. One might be in your mods folder, the other in the assets folder.