1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Mecharachnid Mk. II v2.3 (p1.2)

Defeat the fearsome Mecharachnid to claim it for yourself! (It's a spider tank)

1. Valeriya_Minako

Valeriya_Minako All Chuck Norris backward gets you is Sirron Kcuhc

2. riscles

riscles Orbital Explorer

OH MEH GAWD just got the mech the boss fight was super hard thought ESPECIALLY THE NO HEALTH REGENERATION PART but anyway AS SOON AS I GOT IT I REAIDED AND MUREDERERERED AN AGARAN VILLAGE :D SO FREAKING AWESOME :D i just watch their puny spears trying to stab the mech but i would just laugh and wak them away and LAZAR THEM :D OH MEH GAWD I LOOOOOOVE YOUR MODS SO FAR :D i dont actaully mod (yet) but i have tried and i realise how hard it is considering you can use other concepts of the game and combine many or change a few things to make your own BUT THIS IS TOTALLY UNIQUE not only does it have freaking awesome legs BUT THEY ACTUALLY KEEP IT UP :D i totally thought they would be just for show but the fact they keep it up INSAAAANE the only requests i have is could you somehow allow the mech to "slam" on the ground like the boss did and could you also fix the torch thats inline with the laser because i am underground AND its night pitch black but still not torch D: also i have noticed that the legs dont really keep up with the body and you did mention that you are waiting for starbound to update and fix that for you well as we cant really be sure and you did mention that it will happen WAY in future well if you dont have anything to do could you fix it yourself :D it would just be so freaking AWESOME sorry for the ridiculously long message but THANKS FOR READING :D its just THE MOST EPIC MOD EVER so i simply approve with an epic message and an epic face
    THANKS FOR READING AGAIN (and yes i am going to a therapist to fix my addiction to the caps lock key)

Attached Files:

Wellbott likes this.
  3. Divoratore

Divoratore Void-Bound Voyager

Is it updated to the new stable?

4. Crisium

Crisium Cosmic Narwhal

This is just a guess on my part as I have not used this mod. The mod was made for unstable and now with the update unstable is now stable so I would guess yes it works Brah.

Wellbott likes this.
  5. Wellbott

Wellbott Existential Complex

6. Crisium

Crisium Cosmic Narwhal

Hiya Wellboot, do you have any plans on other mechs ? now that Masterducks mod, XS is only being made to work with updates you are the new Mech tech master ( try saying that 5 times fast ). I hope to see a lot more from you Brah, as you have really great ideas and know how to implement them well.

7. Wellbott

Not sure. It wasn't really like I wanted to make Mechs, just I had the thought looking at one, "Man, dynamic leg movements would be cool." So I made it happen. Now, I'd need another idea.

If I do though, it'll be after we get real animation support for segmented limbs. I just can't be satisfied with my hacky implementation. I can only cringe whenever the server-client connection stutters and the legs end up half a screen behind...

jonathonspy likes this.
  8. Crisium

Crisium Cosmic Narwhal

I can understand that, and who know when they will add a way to anima segments of any said part/parts if they plan on doing that at all. Would be nice to have the girls look like girls if ya know what I'm getting at. But I still have to say the mech still looks really great. However I've not played it but I've seen a into, and now that its on stable I'll be giving it a much closer look see :) At any rate keep at it Brah don't give up go forever foreword, if there is a way I'm sure you can and will find it.

9. Lorefin

Lorefin Aquatic Astronaut

I wanted to play Vanilia multiplayer server but it keeps disconnecting me, I thought it's by this mod. When I actually remove it from mod folder, it doesn't see my character. I think my character is bound to this mod - without it, he dissapears and game system doesnt see it. Help, any ideas how to remove this mod?

10. Crisium

Crisium Cosmic Narwhal

First make sure you read everything on the mod overview page so you know what Ver. it works with and any other info the modder adds to take note of. As fare as I know having the tech on your character then, remove the mod the character can no longer load as it looks to load something that is no longer there. Make sure you remove everything a mod adds before you delete any mod. All so you can only play a mod on a MP server if the server to, has the mod installed as well. Hope this is of some help to you Lorefin and is close to what you are asking about.

Wellbott likes this.
  11. Wellbott

Yes, tech mods won't work together with vanilla multiplayer. If you remove the mod to join the server, you'll have to unequip the tech on your ship first, or the game doesn't quite know what to do. I'm not sure what will happen to the mission in your AI menu.

Crisium and jonathonspy like this.
  12. jonathonspy

jonathonspy Existential Complex

are there any servers that have the mod?

13. Crisium

Crisium Cosmic Narwhal

I'm not sure if there is or not as this was modded back when this ver. was on unstable, now with the move to stable update I would think there may be. If there is not one you can see you could always start one up with your friends. If your looking for one I would look on a search eng. such as yahoo, goggle, dogpile or some other you like or you could always ask around on the forums around here. I hope this was of some help to you I'm sorry I do not have more info to give you, if I do happen across any servers that run this I'll be sure to post it on here for you and other. How ever I do not play MP much but you never know right. :)

jonathonspy likes this.
  14. Wellbott

There could be. I haven't had any messages about/permission requests for it being included in a server modpack, and that's pretty much the only way I'd know. If you can get the server host to include it, that'd be cool.

Wouldn't it be awesome if Steam could handle the multiplayer connection, and automatically distribute/disable mods? Can't blame Chucklefish for focusing on actually making the game first though.

15. Crisium

Crisium Cosmic Narwhal

I wouldn't think it would take them much to come up with something like that Wellbott. They do have steam work shop after all, Steam all so has had other game run mods via steam menu. But I'm not sure CF has more than a few server up that they maintain. Only two the last time I look into it could be a few more by now Perhaps, it will come at Ver 1.0 after they are no longer in beta testing. Would be something to request on there news feed page as well.

jonathonspy likes this.
  16. rylasasin

rylasasin Cosmic Narwhal

What are the key bindings for the mech?

I know there's supposed to be some sort of "Fenzy" mod where it digs into the ground, but I can't figure out how to use it.

Problem here is that there's no instructions anywhere. I didn't even know how to pick up destroyed blocks with G or the flashlight with H untill I hit those keys by concidence.

17. riscles

riscles Orbital Explorer

hey yo uh 2 questions
    1.) does this work in multiplayer if other players do not have the mod
    2.) how the hell do you do the cool destroy the ground bye walking thing?

18. Wellbott

Wellbott updated Mecharachnid Mk. I with a new update entry:

Manual drop from Boss

Read the rest of this update entry...

19. cyriljda351

cyriljda351 Void-Bound Voyager

Its a Very awesome Mod I love it!! well in future updates can you add like a digging ability that you can control rather than Frenzy that is uncontrolable please

20. Dustwing

Dustwing Void-Bound Voyager

How do I remove this mod without it taking my character?