Medicine? Cause livings fun.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Cheesey, Feb 14, 2013.

1. Cheesey

Cheesey Title Not Found

Since there is weather and seasons,
    wouldn't there be some sorts of sickness or on the lines of that?

Not just affecting you but maybe other NPCs, or your animals. You want them live and healthy ^^. Also, being in the cold or heat to long without proper clothing could be bad!
    Of course there could be a clinic where you are able to buy medicine, but it would be neat if you were allowed to grow herbs. Creating medicine, bandages, etc. Also, as a side note, getting certain herbs could put in some new elements to the cooking branch as well.

-Cheesey

falseangel likes this.
    • falseangel

falseangel Phantasmal Quasar

This is a really neat idea! I like it! Maybe there would be a craftable apothacary table or alchemical equipment to make medicine. Diseases could also be unique in the way that they have a certain debilitation with them, for example, the common cold slows you and makes you unable to perform as well normally.

• CJoker3221

CJoker3221 Pangalactic Porcupine

Of course, there should be a small clinic in the valley for you to buy medicine from, or you can make better medicines
        I don't like the idea where the General Store sells EVERYTHING you need

• falseangel

Maybe the clinic sells common medicines and common ingredients, because I still would like to create my own medicine, which i can keep in reserve or sell (if it's rare of course). But yes, having a clinic would be a great convienence to have to get rid of some common ailments. Maybe there could be medicine that you can create that can buff you for a while? Maybe one medicine makes normal farm labor not drain as much stamina for one day, while another improves your stamina limit temporarialy. I also agree that the general store should not be the place to get everything you could ever possibly need.

• CJoker3221

Yup, I would like to be able to create your own medicine, well...usually medicine means you're curing something, not buffing something, or else that'll be called elixir :p

• falseangel

True... Now that i think about buffing though i'm kind of unsure about it. Because if it were implemented, it might seem a little bit, you know... Magical? I like consistency in games and a mechanic like buffing seems magical. Maybe if the items had realistic enough effects and didn't do anything like "You can fly now!" (that was an extreme example by the way...) when i would rather have " Your immune system has been bolstered, your chances of contracting disease or poison has been significantly reduced!" That kind of stuff I like rather than things of a magical nature. Well that was a little tangent i went on, but i guess i'm still in love with the idea of medicine and elixers and what not as long as they are implemented correctly.

• CJoker3221

Well, maybe not magical, maybe a bit of alchemy?
                Add some Moonlight Bells and Kobold Blood, then you'll get a recipe for disaster or miracle ;)

• falseangel

Alchemy... Yes I would go for alchemy, that sounds like a compromise between realism and magical. As long as it followed the principle of "Equivalent Exchange". Funny, that's also a popular mod for minecraft!

• CJoker3221

Well, hopefully CA is actually thinking of an Alchemy Station inside SV, but it'll be sold by a random traveller that you encounter within SV ;)
                    At first you get the basic Alchemy set, that you can make yourself ;)

• Evangelion

Evangelion Supernova

The lack of an ' is disturbing me...​

• CJoker3221

Now sure what you mean o_O

• Evangelion

Evangelion Supernova

Whenever I read the title,
                          Medicine? Cause livings fun.

• CJoker3221

Ah..that, yeah..I've been disturbed by that too..
                            So..you got any ideas for this thread then..?

• Evangelion

Evangelion Supernova

Well I agree with the winter idea, like if there was some aspect of immersion. You may have get clothes appropriate for the season or such. Getting colds or fevers could be solved by medicines being implemented into the game.

• CJoker3221

Yeah, the winter idea intrigued me but what if the character drank an elixir that negates coldness for a day..would that be a good idea I wonder..

• falseangel

Well maybe there could be medicines that bolster your immunity to certain diseases, but doesn't prevent you from catching them entirely. Sickness could also have degrees of severity, from light, to crippling in some cases, and you would either need multiple doses of weak medicine at certain intervals during the time you are sick, or consume a much stronger medicine to do away with the stronger affliction.

• CJoker3221

So what would happen when our character caught a severe disease? o_O

• falseangel

Depending on the disease's nature, either health or stamina are affected. In either case that specific stat is lowed, meaning you can do little work until fainting, or take little damage before dying, this goes along with the diseases unique trait, like the common cold for slowness, whitch is also multiplied by how bad the disease is affecting you. To mitigate the effects for awile if you do not have strong medicine, take a dose of the weaker kind, that will put a timer on how long till you have to take another dose and the disease will affect you once again, but it will come back a little weaker, and you'll be a little stronger. Repeat until disease is gone. How does this sound?

• Lyrael

Lyrael Sandwich Man

Cooking is going to be in the game, right? So maybe eating healthy (fresh veggies and grains, meat, milk, orange juice, etc.) builds up your health and makes you more resistant to catching any sort of illness in the first place.

As for if you get REALLY sick, maybe you have to waste several days doing nothing but resting in bed? Or you get a choice to pay a fee to see the doctor/go to a city hospital out of Stardew/etc.

Cheesey likes this.
                                        • CJoker3221

I do like the idea of natural immunity by taking medicine when you're sick and cooking is in the game, eating high quality veges can perhaps boost your immunity system

Cheesey likes this.