Medicine? Cause livings fun.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Cheesey, Feb 14, 2013.

1. falseangel

falseangel Phantasmal Quasar

Yeah, cooking should play a part in how healthy you are ultimately going to be. But... you live on a farm, you are going to be primarily eating ONLY healthy foods. So when could you ever get sick? It's not like there going to put in a mcdonalds...

• Lyrael

Lyrael Sandwich Man

FA; well, food you eat off the farm yourself is food you don't make any money off of. Not to mention that it takes time and effort. Whereas you could buy, say, chips from the town grocer or something, immediately, with little cost and no wait - but at the detriment of your health.

• CJoker3221

CJoker3221 Pangalactic Porcupine

I've been thinking about this..is there a hunger system in SV...?

• falseangel

Thats somthing i didn't think of... Also in consideration, would these unhealthy foods maybe give you more energy, because they have more sugar and fat? They would still be quite unhealthy, but it would be an incentive to eat them somtimes.

• falseangel

Also how did we get to food? i thought this was medicineo_O

• Lyrael

Lyrael Sandwich Man

I dunno, I guess it depends on how in-depth a system we end up talking about. You could have it so that various types of foods have different effects on health and stats; for instance, beef/pork/poultry give your stamina a hearty boost with no drawbacks. Junk food/candy gives stamina a MASSIVE boost, for a while, but then actually causes your stamina bar to shrink below normal for a while.

Oranges/orange juice would boost your immunity to illness for a while.

And, since I didn't actually comment on it to begin with; I do think medicine for players and animals IS a good idea, as well as the potential negative consequence of either getting sick.

• falseangel

I do think we are talking about an EXTREMELY complicated system here, in some ways it should be simplified, how though i am uncertain.

• Dzelda

Dzelda Parsec Taste Tester

I like the idea of herbal medicine. As well as its use to boost cooking. I know when I cook chicken for my dinner, I love to add Thyme, oregano, Rosemary, pepper, cayenne pepper, and Garlic powder to a base of bread crumbs. Something that I bet could be doable in farm life too! Mmmm......

• Cloakedboltz

Cloakedboltz Guest

I don't mind as long as you get a visual hint before you get sick so you can plan ahead on it.

• falseangel

Then what would be the point? Illness is supposed to be unexpected, if we could plan for it, than there would be no challenge.

• Dzelda

Dzelda Parsec Taste Tester

Tell you what I plan on doing; Using my herbs to improve food and brew tea. Now that I mentoned chicken in my earlier post, I would MURDER for some sweet, succulent cooked chicken, roasted with homegrown herbs (always the best fresh!) with eggs to help them stick to the skin...... awwww man. I dont usually get this hungry unless Im playing Kirby games :rofl:

One second, I need dinner now :rofl: With the crop diversity, it should be such a snap to make new crops that can support complex cookery :3 Call me Tast E.

• CJoker3221

CJoker3221 Pangalactic Porcupine

Herbal chicken seems nice ;)

• oath2order

oath2order Parsec Taste Tester

Herbal Chicken seems really nice. I can imagine that you'd lose health working in the storms.