1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

WIP Meet the Avali - (Original and fluffy)

Discussion in 'Races' started by RyuujinZERO, Jan 6, 2014.

1. cyberspyXD

cyberspyXD Tiy's Beard

Really cool. This will probably be the first race I DL if the mod releases.

Also I thought this said meet the anvils for some reason.

[​IMG]

Keep up the good work!

Holgast likes this.
  2. Nalkari

Nalkari Void-Bound Voyager

Sounds great...you work really fast on this mod :)

3. KuroErin

KuroErin Star Wrangler

I love the new colors! I do have one question though. Will they have their own separate vanity set or will most of the current ones work with their body build?

4. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

They'll need their own sets, (most) of the standard gear doesn't fit them, though a few of the hoods and bandanas look ok on them.

In the long run they'll have their own racial clothing and dress, plus they already have "invisible" clothes you can put into your vanity slots to hide gear

Edit: In other news, have some combat armour :p
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 8, 2014
  5. KuroErin

KuroErin Star Wrangler

Oh ok. I saw the ones from your sketches and those looked pretty cool. I'll be glad to test this race out.

6. Macish

Macish Void-Bound Voyager

this is beyond epic...ive stayed away from modding so far, but for this i will make an exception. Looking forward to it!

7. MoonBeast

MoonBeast Scruffy Nerf-Herder

This is probably the best race mod I've ever seen. most original too.

Fullapple1991 and Macish like this.
  8. Nalkari

Nalkari Void-Bound Voyager

I really like your armourconzept!
    But i cant open the link oO

9. dark lord derpy

dark lord derpy Big Damn Hero

All of my yes, this looks like an awesome mod, will download, although, wouldnt they have a slow metabolism? not that it really matters much, but from what I heard about ammonia based life, slow metabolisms would be more likely.
    Still, love the design, its cute, cool, and doesnt look exactly like a human.

10. Creeper's_Shadow

Creeper's_Shadow Void-Bound Voyager

Great work with the new race I'd really like to see it in the real game. I am really looking forward to the progress in this race. You should maybe consider telling one of the developers or makers of the game about this I think they'd jump on this race right away. Can't wait to see more! :D

Nalkari likes this.
  11. Runlock

Runlock Void-Bound Voyager

I gotta say, I was pretty shocked when I stumbled past this thread. I was a huge fan of Whom Gods Destroy back when Spore was popular. To this day you're still regarded as the best on those forums. It's pretty fantastic to see that you're producing a mod like this for Starbound.

Holgast likes this.
  12. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

Yeah, they likely would, which is what first got me thinking about the idea of being able to "multi-thread" conversations, a tight nit pack, and the idea of making them more audio than visual focused. If they could do that, then they could make up for some of that mental slowness, by effectively using the other pack members as additional processors :p

Of course in Starbound it'll be gameplay Vs story segregation

13. KuroErin

KuroErin Star Wrangler

I hope you don't mind me asking but, what might their start weapon be? A sword or a spear?

14. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

Sword most likely. While "traditional", spears are horribly implemented in Starbound and it'd keep them in line with the other races for starting gear

15. KuroErin

KuroErin Star Wrangler

I am hoping that they work on that animation where it has a slash and stab for two handing instead of one.

16. dark lord derpy

dark lord derpy Big Damn Hero

Any Idea when the first release of this mod is going to be? I am quite exited.

17. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

I've essentially got it "feature locked" til I tidy up all the existing content, the list of stuff to get ready is getting rather short now and I'm hoping to release the first playable version by tonight CET, ie. around +6-7 hours from now if it's going to be ready today today (Which will have tier 1 and 2 armour + shields, no weapons, default ship only, male only)

Nalkari likes this.
  18. KuroErin

KuroErin Star Wrangler

Sounds good to me~

19. Nutt007

Nutt007 Void-Bound Voyager

So do you plan on basing the Avali ship off of your Lightbringer creation? Or something different?

20. KuroErin

KuroErin Star Wrangler

Thinking about it now, will their gliding ability be a back item or a racial tech?