Race Meet the Drale

Discussion in 'NPCs and Creatures' started by Camera, Apr 22, 2013.

1. Tomato Master

Tomato Master Noob Simulator 2014

This seems like a great race and I think it should be added to Starbound. Keep up the good work! :up:

Last edited: Jul 27, 2014
  2. Dargona1018

Dargona1018 Existential Complex

As shown by Camera tad bit ago:

[​IMG]

Tleno likes this.
  3. FlapjacksNsyrup

FlapjacksNsyrup Astral Cartographer

I REALLY like this idea, however, the only problem I see if that we already have the Glitch who kind of have the whole medieval thing down. However, I actually don't like the glitch being medieval and I'd much rather have these dragon guys in the game and have the glitch be more like actual robots.

I should probably reiterate what I meant. I see that the dragons would be post-apocalyptic like but I was just bringing up how dragons are typically from the medieval time-period. Then again, I guess robots are typically futuristic, so I guess it all works out well :p

4. beari78

beari78 Guest

Approve

5. Dargona1018

The Drale are more post-apocalyptic that medieval, and, like most races in the game, the stereotypical choice for the race's heritage is not always the one chosen (as you said, Glitch being medieval instead of futuristic).
    And having the reptilian Drale (with wings) being medieval wouldn't take much imagination, and most likely wouldn't get much support since it would be sorta lame as medieval.

6. flamingbacon19

flamingbacon19 Big Damn Hero

Wheres the mod? I want to play as a drale SOooo Bad!!!!

7. Dargona1018

It's being Developed. Be patient, as these things take time, and, for all that we know, Camera may be doing it all himself.

AND, when he decided to just mod it, he still didn't have all of the armor, weapons, and recipes that he needed/wanted.

8. flamingbacon19

Yeah I know, I saw you post that pic of a drale in the ship and I thought you were playing it and posted a pic of the ship but that's when I realized that it was a pic camera had posted a while back so yeah. :p

9. Dargona1018

Yea, I would never name him Aremac. Seems out of place for reptilian creatures (shame on you, @Camera ).
    Would probably have him be something along the lines of Hendulin, I guess.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2014
  10. flamingbacon19

It's very well done, I really like it.
    Anyways I will now give you the:
    upload_2014-7-25_9-11-21.jpeg
    Great job! It's awesome!

Dargona1018 likes this.
  11. Camera

Camera Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Trying to use starstructor, though pretty straightforward, it's tedious putting all of the color codes in.

I may have to add in every object first :confused:

12. Dargona1018

You might need to, sadly...

But, after that, at least you can get the dungeons down.

What about your progress? I think that, if you put out a WIP Mod with the race and the Tiers, you could add in Dungeons later..

13. Camera

Right now there's only 4 armor tiers and an object that gives you access to all of the furniture currently implemented. I think there's not enough content to give an early release yet (Playing as a dragon-like lizard isn't enough for most people I assume)

14. Dargona1018

I think a select few should start playing it, kinda testing it for some quirks or bugs, so they could get resolved before all of the tier system is out.
    Sadly, I won't be able to help with testing or playing since optimization isn't high on the Dev's list as of now, so my computer can no longer run it.

15. ZephyrTFF

ZephyrTFF Scruffy Nerf-Herder

This. Is. AMAZING! :DD

16. Pseudoboss

Pseudoboss Spaceman Spiff

Those people whom playing as a dragon-like lizard isn't enough for them are spoiled bastards.

Dargona1018 likes this.
  17. Tleno

Tleno Spaceman Spiff

Starstructor? Wait, is that some sort of modding tool for Starbound? Do want!

18. Camera

Last edited: Jul 27, 2014
    Tleno likes this.
  19. Lecic

Lecic Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

Wow, would you look at that. 800 posts on this thread.

20. Dargona1018

I know, right?
    When I first joined the forums, I had to read through 659 posts before I would want to post, and it was only my 6th post...
    And a lot of the earlier posts were at least 3 paragraphs long, so I spent over 4 hours just reading through it so I didn't post on things that were already discussed.

I have obviously gained more sanity since then..

Feathery Dust likes this.