Race Meet the Drale

Discussion in 'NPCs and Creatures' started by Camera, Apr 22, 2013.

1. Rotary

Rotary Pangalactic Porcupine

Apparently I just found out those where fan made.

2. shinyarceus4

shinyarceus4 Pangalactic Porcupine

So basically, sentient Fallout geckos.

Approval! :up:

3. Zythyx

Zythyx Void-Bound Voyager

I would love to see one of these in game.

4. Malicious Malachai

Malicious Malachai Starship Captain

Being able to play Starbound as a Dragonite is too good of an oportunity to pass up. I approve.

5. Shadow Wolf TJC

Shadow Wolf TJC Spaceman Spiff

Say, how would the Drale feel if another race offered to help them terraform their desolate homeworld so that it's more habitable?

6. Camera

Camera Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I think it would radically improve, if not alter, their current lifestyle. Of course, as long as it doesn't involve bombarding the planet again!

7. TheScout

TheScout Void-Bound Voyager

But considering their paranoia, they wouldn't trust any species to pretty much take over their entire planet.

8. Camera

The surface Drale probably. The underground ones would probably be a bit more friendly.

9. EnderRydel

EnderRydel Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Idea seems to be coming along quite nicely from what I see. My main suggestion would be to perhaps rename the precursor race to the Drale something other than the "Forerunners" though. Pretty sure that's already been used in other games before.

10. shinyarceus4

Bungie (now Microsoft) will sue.

11. Shadow Wolf TJC

Shadow Wolf TJC Spaceman Spiff

Personally, I don't mind if many playable races had predecessor races that said playable races call "Forerunners", since these "Forerunners" could actually be called something else by themselves, or by other races. Basically, think of "Forerunners" as being more of a nickname for a predecessor race.

Although, I would agree that playable races ought to not be given official names such as "Forerunners", "Progenitors", "Harbingers", "Combine", "Hierarchy", or other such occupational names.:p

12. Camera

Yeah I was thinking of Halo too, I'll probably change it to something else that's still ambiguous. (Perhaps still assuming they were human/human-like?)

13. shinyarceus4

Idea is in quote, name them the Precursors.

14. Double S

Double S Pangalactic Porcupine

Draguhl. I was splicing letters together and the word just jumped out at me. If you don't like it maybe change out the "g" for something else, or remove it entirely.

15. EnderRydel

EnderRydel Scruffy Nerf-Herder

*Shrugs* Do they even really need an official name? It might be enough to just say they lived on the planet before the Drale and left some of their technology behind.

16. Spoolooni

Spoolooni Subatomic Cosmonaut

Honestly I find this suited as the stereotype reptillian race with the classic technology you see in the retro cartoons. Not a bad thing really.

17. El Barto 227

El Barto 227 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I like this idea. Fallout Geckos ftw

18. Haku

Haku Subatomic Cosmonaut

I definitely love this idea, hope this goes through. Buildings from scraps n' whatnot is pretty nifty. Superb sprite work. Definitely fitting.

19. Camera

Yeah it doesn't really matter to me what their name is, I just need a placeholder that sounds generic. (Since most of the focus is on the current race on the planet)

20. Rotary

Rotary Pangalactic Porcupine

So what else is needed to be added?
    Vehicles?
    Ilikecars