Race Meet the Novakid

Discussion in 'NPCs and Creatures' started by Bietol, Apr 4, 2013.

1. Hwo Thumb

Hwo Thumb Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I will play as a novakid and name him Ralcolm Meynolds
    (Cue seven billion firefly references)

2. Then 14 days later, an update makes you delete him forever.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2013
  3. Hwo Thumb

I think they said they're only expecting one more character wipe, and then we should be able to keep our charries.

4. kazzfire

kazzfire Void-Bound Voyager

who cares if the characters get wiped just another excuse to gear up again and explore more planets

Roda likes this.
  5. I care!

I care a lot! ;_;

Crafty_312 and Galactic Avatar like this.
  6. Gameguru09

Gameguru09 Void-Bound Voyager

I think novakids when I hear this (got the link from my tablet so it might not work) Go to 5:30 in the song.

Artemos likes this.
  7. Artemos

Artemos Aquatic Astronaut

Here's a Novakiin I drew:

[​IMG]

Click on the attached files thingy at the bottom for larger size.

Also, What do most people use to draw their fancy digital fanart? I don't think that everyone would just have a drawing tablet laying around, or that they just scan it in...

PS: I've been on a bunch of different forums for years now, but I'm pretty clueless about attaching images. Just so you all know.

Attached Files:

TenaciousTinkerer likes this.
  8. Hwo Thumb

If you mean software, Gimp is probably the best out there. It's totally free, easy to download and use, comes with tons of visual filters, and there are plugins you can download too.

As for actual drawing, a Wacom Bamboo tablet is relatively inexpensive, they usually run at less than 100 dollars, and they offer the best quality-price ratio. You can draw without one, but drawing with a pen and drawing with a mouse are two entirely different skills.

I don't have a scanner, so I don't know what kind you can get, but a lot of people do exactly that. They draw their art by hand and then scan it in, then trace over it.

Artemos likes this.
  9. Captainpeels146

Captainpeels146 Tentacle Wrangler

so it's going in the game right?

10. The Enlightened Grue

The Enlightened Grue Master Astronaut

Yup.
    we just don't know if we'll be Beta Testing it before release or not :p

11. Captainpeels146

Captainpeels146 Tentacle Wrangler

finally an example of a fan made Idea coming to life. it's a window for future possibilities

Artemos likes this.
  12. AxelAz

AxelAz Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I just outright love this race! The Idea and execution is amazing and I just love it! I do hope that the actual Novakid, when it's implemented to the game has the Brand on the face. The brand just makes the race whole. Still, I would love seeing multiple color options that can be changed while creating the Novakid, including the color of the brand, shape of the brand or none if a player chooses so, impurities in the plasma, and so on so forth. On an other note congratz Bietol, Suika and everyone who made this happen!

13. BlastRed

BlastRed Spaceman Spiff

I made a mod.
    you're all welcome.
    Colors included- red, yellow, pink, orange, blue.
    more 2b included.
    so many bugs 2b fixed, anyways, enjoy testing this beta form of novakids.
    http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?resources/the-betakids-beta-novakids.415/[/quote]

14. ClockworkMidnight

ClockworkMidnight Big Damn Hero

@BlastRed Interesting! But I like to wait for official releases on things like this for all games i play. Though i'm sure lots of people will be happy to see it. =D

15. AxelAz

AxelAz Scruffy Nerf-Herder

BlastRed likes this.
  16. ChaoticGamer

ChaoticGamer Master Astronaut

I won't lie, yes I understand it is too dang good for many many races, dat why its one thing bring insanity but still awesome.
    Well..gotta fix my hair cuz been shock too many time (taser powered) ...*try groom the hair, but the hair keep on spring back* fugging dang it!, c dis is wut happen you "TazOr" me too much.

Anyway to main subject, Wow. Second part questions, so what type food they eat or is there no requirement for the to eat only solar power? Second questions, do they have alliances or one thous bird religion stuff like or they are on neutral with everyone?

Dat is all for now...

17. Solid_Air

Solid_Air Void-Bound Voyager

I would say since they are a permanent heat source sort of deal, they should never get "cold" in-game. Also, maybe a decent buff to one-handed gun type weapons.

18. Artemos

Artemos Aquatic Astronaut

That kind of thing would be a Racial Armor Bonus.

19. Gameguru09

Gameguru09 Void-Bound Voyager

Perhaps they get a race specific gun at the beginning instead of a sword?

ClockworkMidnight and AxelAz like this.
  20. ClockworkMidnight

ClockworkMidnight Big Damn Hero

As much as a pain in the ass that would be for me I think that's a pretty cool idea. =D I've been thinking similarly, it would fit their race to have their tiered weapons be guns instead of blades.