Race Meet the Parfelians

Discussion in 'NPCs and Creatures' started by Suika Ibuki, Dec 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wulf_Oman

Wulf_Oman Existential Complex

This is probably a necro-post but I'd love to convert this into an actual race mod, or attempt to at least, if there isn't one already being worked on. I adore steampunk stuff and the presentation was fantastic.

When I have time I'll work on it, the finished product wouldn't have the special homes and such unless someone else is willing to do that

So basically

- Weapons
    - Armor
    - Playable Character

Also if anyone wants to help at all just hit me up with a PM, I'll glady use the assistance, especially of pixel artists (my skills only go so far)

Also, is it possible if I could use this as the ship design? Credit, of course

Last edited: Apr 12, 2014
  2. RedDire

RedDire Cosmic Narwhal

Oh, god -- Please make this.

I've always loved this idea and, imo, they should've made the Parfelians official instead of the Novakids. Novakids are nice too, tho.

Milly Rainbowskittlez likes this.
  3. Wulf_Oman

Already made the sprites for the parfelians, just not as detailed as his examples here, so still pretty basic. I'm working on adding the whole coloring system now which is really confusing to work with, so you can customize your parfelian and the (in this example yellow/bronze) trim of your character

4. RedDire

RedDire Cosmic Narwhal

Cool, man. Good luck in your epic journey.

novamegaman likes this.
  5. UnsoundM

UnsoundM Subatomic Cosmonaut

It's painfully unfinished, has no detail or shading.... not really sure why you'd want to use it :rofl:

6. Bonabopn

Bonabopn Fluffiest Squirrel

Isn't the shading handled by the lighting engine?

7. Wulf_Oman

I'd finish the shading, of course, unless you wanted to. The design is very nice though.

8. RoboticRavenMage

RoboticRavenMage Subatomic Cosmonaut

I'm getting a steampunk vibe, am I correct in that? I feel sad now, I recently submitted a suggestion for a lobster steampunk race, and I hadn't seen this yet.

Wulf_Oman likes this.
  9. Wulf_Oman

No idea is a bad one, and there are plenty of Steampunk race suggestions/mods

10. alonerhapsody

alonerhapsody Subatomic Cosmonaut

dude i love your hunting mod, if your gona make these too you gona gain a fan..

11. UnsoundM

You know what- I'll just "opensource" what I did so far. You guys are free to either use it or actually finnish it. Obviously just give credit to myself and the creator of this race.

12. Owl_Stalker

Owl_Stalker Guest

Holy heck I just saw that the creator removed the OP!
    Why?

Lavranzo and AstroBlast like this.
  13. Bonabopn

oh noes :C
    She seems to be avoiding starbound for some reason, i wonder why? s:

Lavranzo and AstroBlast like this.
  14. mutemann

mutemann Void-Bound Voyager

maybe the OP is gonna make their own game with that race and took it down so it won't be used in starbound.

15. novamegaman

novamegaman Void-Bound Voyager

anyone made this into a mod yet ?

16. UnsoundM

No, because the OP disappeared and deleted all of their work of the first post. Clearly they either want to be rid of it, or are planning to use it on something unrelated.

17. Owl_Stalker

Owl_Stalker Guest

She deleted all of her other work, too.
    WHAT IS HAPPENING!?

18. Bonabopn

I tried to comission her for a piece of starbound artwork, but she declined. I think she's avoiding starbound, or the community. We can only speculate why.

19. Does it have to do with the fact that Chucklefish implemented Novakids without adding any Anodyne qualities?

20. Bonabopn

Could be.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.