Race meet the vev-axa

Discussion in 'NPCs and Creatures' started by creca, Mar 7, 2015.

?

should the vev-axa be added?wold you play as them?

1. yes yes YES, to both questions

2 vote(s)
    15.4%
  2. yes, they should be added, but im not playing as them

1 vote(s)
    7.7%
  3. no, no adding them, but i would play as them if they are

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. no, no ,no, a thousand times no to both

8 vote(s)
    61.5%
  5. i have no opinion but I love to vote, polls rule!

2 vote(s)
    15.4%
  6. with some improvements yes to both, but untel then, no

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. creca

creca Big Damn Hero

Vev-axa
    150306_213849.png
    History:
    the suneya (now extinct) decided to put their technology to the ultimate test, playing God, they successfully did create sentient beings, they realized that that was a mistake, so they cast off the new species ( the vev-axa) hoping that they would die, a millennia has passed, the suneya where eradicated by a civil war, on the planet where the vev-axa where cast off to, they where surviving just fine, then a lone human found them, the human asked what happened, and they told her what little they remember, the human felt sympathy for them (humans where cast off of earth, the vev-axa where cast off of suneyavexra, their home world) . They left for their home world only to find it taken over as a pirate colony, they where taken prisoner, they where used as electricians and batteries, the human wouldn't let them take this (especially since she was the one who got them into this) she bribed some pirates to try and train the vev-axa to fight, and she stole some weapons from the barracks,she gave them a fighting spirit and helped them raise their numbers, then a rebellion broke out, they fought a long and bloody battle, they wold have all died right there ,had it not been for their sheer fighting spirit, and how many of them there where , they won the war, and sent the pirates packing, their world was finally theirs, with their creators dead, and their destiny unwritten, they forge their new life on their own accord, the rest has yet to happen...

Biology:
    Their not carbon based, rather much, they are germanium based, their muscle produces the waste product silver trioxide hexocarbon, they eat both organic and inorganic material for sustenance , the most vital being mercury.they have a symbiosis with a silicon based microbe that produces their electricity, keeping them alive at a low charge and useful as a weapon at high charge.their cells are surrounded by small crystalline structures, and the cells themselves contains a gaseous mix of various chemicals.the head tentacles can vary in number and length, their main purpose is to help conduction of electricity through the body.they reproduce by ripping off an arm and attaching at where the other partner's arm was, then a uncharged child is created by rapid cell division, then the parents vomit 1\4th of the electric bacteria into the child to bring it to life, there are no genders for vev-axa, so any two can reproduce.

Culture:
    A co-operative anarchist society, they work together to help raise the species as a whole, but still go off to do their own thing,they have some rules, but they are not well enforced or are just ignored completely. Their symbol is a v and an upside down v, the v represents victory and vendetta, for their victory against the pirates that ruled over them for so long, and their vendetta against their creators ( which will never be fulfilled considering that their creators are dead), and the upside down v represents ascension, as in their rise above the hardships they gone through before the human assisted them. They focus on rebellion and anti conformity, the two things that kept their species alive all those years.

Relations:

Humans: love them for getting the rebellion started, hate some of them for their conformity
    "Thanks, without your kind, we wouldn't be here right now"

Florans: love them for their rebellious nature
    "Hey, wazzup my brother in green?"

Apex: hates them for their totalitarian government, they want the citizens to start a rebellion
    "Hey you, rise up, start a rabble, down with the minickinog, don't you want to be free?"

Hylotl: hates their uptight nature, just wishes they aren't so staunch all the time
    "Oh, it's you Mr.strictystiffersonmicdumfish "

Glitch: loves them for rebelling against their programming
    "Hey my brother in metal, keep up the revolution"

Novakid: not really shure
    "What are you, some kind of star?, awesome!"

Avian: they love the "grounded" thanks to their will to break away from the rest of their race, as for the normal population, the don't like their zealous nature
    "Come on , your time to fly is now, if you die, are you shure you'll fly?"

Tech:
    most of what they have is either scavenged or built with low quality,but they managed to get to space (with difficulty of course) they mostly use mid grade scrap for their tech, but have been given stuff to help out

Gear:
    Here's some gear for the vev-axa:

Rusty scythe: a sciythe that is very weak but has good electric damage and is pretty fast

Freedom's wrath: a large hammer that's slow but powerful

Vendetta: a rapier sword that's extremely fast with medium damage

V: a type of throwing knife that can be retrieved and is larger than normal

11,5: a type of bomb that uses a lot of gunpowder and fertilizer that destroys large structures, but is expensive and hard to make

Aluminium justice: a cannon made out of a tonn of magnetized copper wire and uses aluminium for ammo, very damaging and leaves a pool of molten aluminium on the ground, but cost a LOT of copper and a lot of magnetized rock, plus a HUGE amount of aluminium to be functional

Now some armor/vanity items:

Black cape: pretty self explanatory

The mask: a slightly edited guy fawks mask

Pain of the past: green ribbons with symbols of the vev-axa (in top picture)

Mask of the hero: a mask modeled after the human who started the revolution

Vintage misery: a very torn shirt with barbed wire wrapped around it

Food:
    Most vev-axa food is semi organic or semi inorganic, depending on the ratio of organic to inorganic material, here is some food for vev-axa:

Mercury stomach: a stomach, often a sheep stomach, filled with about 30% mercury, 20% iron, and the rest is stomach acid already there, it's very toxic to many life forms, but a nice meal for vev-axa

Sulfuric gourd: a gourd filled with sulfur crystal and a pinch of pure methane,very smelly and poisonous to us, delicious to vev-axa

Poison plant stew:a stew of a bit of plant flesh, poison, and a small pinch of mercury, very toxic to humans

Sprites:
    2wnbTStW6_i10n0w9O4EV4sv1-_QWW_tvidSUgc8out4SUDHJ_g5Z_TT9m9K-rDQoSiQsw=s190.png
    Thanks cryvix

Anything else I should add? Please respond if so

Last edited: Apr 11, 2015
    Jareix Cryvix likes this.
  2. Jareix Cryvix

Jareix Cryvix The Waste of Time

Ahem... Let me try to summarize this
    So we've got a race with mostly inorganic biochemistry, that reproduce somehow by ripping off their arms, attaching them, and vomiting bioelectric bacteria on it to encourage cell growth, have a cooperative Anarchist society, and build their tech from scrap...
    Great concept, but executed with flaws. Especially the biology part... I would believe it if they were cybernetic or similar, but lead-based life forms are seriously too strange to be believable. You're way past the uncanny valley and have stepped way beyond the peak of believability. Lead based?! Do you realize what that kind of chemical make up would do to a cell?! Even one such as the one you came up with would not be able to work properly enough reproduce quick enough for the body to function without significant issues. By the time it's finished interphase the cell would be dead through wearing out.
    Sorry... Kind of went on a rant there... My point is, take the biology and see of you can either find some explanations to work around the issues or scrap it and start with some other kind of base. Try and stick with some sort of organic substance as a base. Like a strange creature with a potassium base rather than a carbon base. (Not sure how that would work though...)

I must say that I really like the idea of bioelectric tech with semi-anarchist communities. Good work with coming up with ideas. Don't let my criticism shoot you down.
    As with extra suggestions...
    Electro magnets... Lots of em...
    maybe their technological focuses could be bioelectrics, magnetics, and cryogenics. (Quite a few -Ics)
    Seriously, look at this

Overpowered as hell...

Last edited: Mar 11, 2015
    creca likes this.
  3. creca

creca Big Damn Hero

Oh ok, well the reason I chose lead is because 1: silicone is overused and 2: if I remember correctly, lead is also on the same row on the periodic table of elements as carbon and silicon (and I thought tin was too wimpy plus I know barely anything about germanium) and the reproduction was a bit ambiguous, I ment the unchanged child was made from where the arms of the parents are connected. As for the tech idea:confirm:
    And thanx for the feedback

Last edited: Mar 11, 2015
    Jareix Cryvix likes this.
  4. Jareix Cryvix

ah... that clears things up a bit! and thank you for hearing me out.

5. creca

creca Big Damn Hero

No problem , and again, thanks for the feedback

6. carriontrooper

carriontrooper Existential Complex

What if Germanium, which is two spots up from Lead? I just think that lead is too dense for life.

creca likes this.
  7. creca

creca Big Damn Hero

As I said in a previous post, I don't know much about germanium, and, thanks to how dense lead is, I was expecting a weird cellular makeup and an odd biology, also, it just sounds cool, but thanks for the input,

Last edited: Mar 12, 2015
  8. creca

creca Big Damn Hero

If anyone has any idea on how to make sprites, I'll gladly use those sprites, (assuming I can see it on my kindle)

9. Jareix Cryvix

If you have photoshop, gimp, or even MS-paint you can probably make good sprites simply by taking the assets from the game and editing them, as long as you give credit to the developers. I
    *f you would like me to make some sprites (free of charge) then go ahead and send me some profile and front view sketches of the full-body and head. preferably in color.(you can probably just use your phone to take a photo, I should be able to see it just fine*[DOUBLEPOST=1426515234][/DOUBLEPOST]Also, on the subject of Pb V.S. Ge, germanium is definitely better for what you're doing. Here are two fairly reliable web pages on each.
    Lead:
    http://www.lenntech.com/periodic/elements/pb.htm
    Germanium:
    http://www.lenntech.com/periodic/elements/ge.htm

Last edited: Mar 16, 2015
  10. creca

creca Big Damn Hero

You do realize that I'm using a kindle, right?, but if I get a computer, I'll gladly use your advice

11. creca

creca Big Damn Hero

're read it, and 1:I'd prefer if you make them, and 2:I'll check it out,thanks for the links[DOUBLEPOST=1426545993][/DOUBLEPOST]I can't seem to send images from my kindle, and no it does not have a camera

12. Jareix Cryvix

So I'm guessing you have an art program that you're using for the sketches. Well, I'll see what I can do with what we have so far. (It will take a bit because of PARCC testing and PSAT's. And yes, I am still in Highschool.)

13. Jareix Cryvix

14. creca

creca Big Damn Hero

Well there are some typos, but pretty good story, as for the name, well ,my mind is stuck on the current name, but thanks for the suggestion

15. creca

creca Big Damn Hero

Yes it is an art program, and I understand the testing, after all, the ogt`s are this week

16. creca

creca Big Damn Hero

I managed to get the profile and portrait, if only I could post them:facepalm:

17. Jareix Cryvix

You can upload them to the drive I sent you. I should be able to convert them to a format that can be uploaded. Hopefully

18. creca

creca Big Damn Hero

Ok, question is, where is the drive, because I don't have a single clue where it is

19. creca

creca Big Damn Hero

Ok, it seems that the majority vote says you guys don't like the vev-axa, is it:
    The name
    The theam
    The look
    Or you just like disliking stuff
    Although then again, only about 4people voted, so please, go to the polls and let me see your true opinion, the fate of this suggestion is counting on it (not really)

20. ne3zy-

ne3zy- Space Spelunker

anus faced race