1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

WIP Melee Weapon Types (Longswords and more)

Discussion in 'Mechanics' started by Aimlessimp05, Sep 4, 2016.

?

Should the "longsword" be rotabale for swings?

1. Yes

78.9%
  2. No

21.1%
  1. Aimlessimp05

Aimlessimp05 Pangalactic Porcupine

I Decided on a title change as i am going to add more weapon types like the next update, which will contain the "rapier".

This is still the same mod as beofre Just a name change and will get more weapon types to be used.

Currently the Types are:
    "longsword" - A 1-handed version of the 2-hand "broadsword" swing.

To use any of my example weapons ingame please use "/spawnitem" and then the item name from the list. Without quotes.
    The example weapon list to be tested ingame to see what it looks and feels like are:

"elementalsword"

The steps to use my mod are simple.
    1: Subscribe or Download, which ever you prefer.
    2: Create an new "<weapon name>.activeitem" or edit an existing one by using the How to create your own weapon bit bellow.
    3: Tell others to do step 1 or else the items using my mod will not work for them.

To create your own weapon from the type list simply open the weaponfile "<weapon name>.activeitem" and change the lines to the ones below.

"category" : "Longsword"
    "twoHanded" : false, that line must say false otherwise you wont be able to hold any other items with it.
    the "itemTags" can have "longsword" in the list or any of the other weapon types if you wish but you do not need to.
    the "animation" line must contain any from the list below;
    "animation" : "/items/active/weapons/melee/broadsword/combobroadsword.animation",

the "primaryAbilityType" must contain one of the following from the list bellow to its corosponding weapon type;
    "longsword" - "primaryAbilityType" : "longswordcombo",

That should be it. If you still need help making any weapons from the types in this mod please don' tdwadleand just ask.

IMPORTANT

No you do not need to extract this mod and place in yours. You should just have to change the lines above like I mentioned.

Oh and if your mod does use any of these parts you must have anyone who downloads your mod grab this one too.

If anyone tries to use your mod and they go to obtain any weapon that uses one of my files they will get a generic item.

Please do not take my hard work and pass it off as your own. You must get my permission to use my mod as part of

another mod without simply having others grab my mod.If you take any of my files from my mod to use as in your own mod without my permission.

That is not only stealing but it may also create problems for any othr modder that uses my mod, or player for that mater, as directed above.

If you have any questions please feel free to post them.

Update 1.0.1 ~ Changed the name of the mod and fixed up the description.

20160904011712_1.jpg 20160904011642_1.jpg 20160904011645_2.jpg 20160904011645_1.jpg 20160904011643_1.jpg

If this needs to be moved please let me know and how. This is my first mod for 1.0. Also i dont know how to make the Download button like the other mods.
    I also do not expect this to get any larger than 10mb anyhow. If any one knows i would love the help.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 5, 2016
  2. Aimlessimp05

Aimlessimp05 Pangalactic Porcupine

Saved for later dribble if needed.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2016
  3. Randou

Randou Scruffy Nerf-Herder

This mod is very entertaining, however I find that it has some flaws that can be corrected, first let's talk about the rapiers, they are one of my favorite weapons, but it has 2 flaws, the first one that is lacking skills, I know the Rapiers are 1-hand weapons, but only 2-handed weapons can use the second skill, so I suggest changing the rapier to 2-handed weapons so that you can use those skills.

The second defect is that the rapier uses the broadsword skin, it is passable with the longsword, but for the rapier I suggest creating new skin, and there is enough material in the forum to create them

On the other hand I think it would be a good idea to create new weapons, and I have a crazy idea of what they might be:
    In the games of Final Fantasy the protagonists always carry some interesting weapons that give you a surprise, and I'm going to talk about 3 of these weapons and how it would be possible to implement them:

Lionheart

It is the weapon of Squad, and it is a Sword-Shotgun of great power
    Making it would be simple, take a Broadsword, allow it to attack in all directions and give it Burst Shot ability of shotguns, with this we have a really powerful layered weapon to keep at bay several enemies at once

Odin
    Although they do not create it the weapon that shows Lighting in FF XIII-2 is eliodon Odin (or part of this) but we are getting out of the subject, it is a weapon that alternates its form between a Broadsword and a high caliber assault rifle . The idea is not the first time it is used, weapons like the Adaptable Crossbow, or the Protector's Broadsword use the special attack to alter their appearance and skills, all that is needed is an animation that shows the change between Sword and rifle

Mog

Is a moggle that is transformed into Serath's weapon in FF XIII-2, which alternates its form between a broadsword and a Powerful bow,
    For this occasion to copy the same scheme of Odin to give him an alternative form between a broadsword and a bow, but also we will give the passive ability to give hunting drops when a monster is killed with this weapon,

I do not include the weapons of Cloud Strife or Noel Kreiss, because both have so many combat modalities that it is very complicated to do them in a mod (Cloud's weapon is a fusion of 7 or more swords of various sizes, while Noel's A dual sword, which is transformed into 7 different weapons, going through a spear, an ax, a broadsword, 2 tonfas and even a shield)

Finally and before I say goodbye I want to make a comment regarding the vote to make the longsword can rotate to attack, I am against. The reason is that the longsword in itself is a very powerful weapon, if you have 2 of them you can easily have several monsters or opponents against the wall without them being able to attack you, even if they are mid-boss, let this weapon Rotate would convert the longsword into the most unbalanced weapon in the game.

You will say, "ahhh but you want Lionheart, Odin and Mog to rotate", in effect if you say that, but these are first of all unique weapons, belong to the same category as the Protector's Broadsword, or the Asuterosaberu DX , Their statuses are fixed and do not change as is the case of the longsword, and secondly they are 2-handed weapons, while the longsword is a 1-hand weapon.