1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Mephetor-Skunk Race 1.02

Skunks in space?

1. AnthonySkunk89

AnthonySkunk89 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

AnthonySkunk89 updated Mephetor-Skunk Race with a new update entry:

Fix for the error on ship upgrading

Read the rest of this update entry...

2. Sean10M

Sean10M Pangalactic Porcupine

I'm also thinking this one needs a lil more love like my vespoids have been getting....

Maybe a sprite update? I tried them once and to be honest I wasn't a fan because the sprite in my opinion doesn't meld with Starbound's sprite artstyle that well.

3. tails230

tails230 Phantasmal Quasar

I always wanted to try sprite artwork for Starbound. But Sadly, I'm not good at it. Which is the reason why I couldn't work on my Eevee Race mod. T.T

So if I update the Mephetor mod, would I still be have my play data of my old Mephetor, or do I have to make a new character?

4. AnthonySkunk89

It should be fine as the only file I changed was the ship upgrade path. It shouldn't do anything to the items in there already.

5. emeraldgreen72

emeraldgreen72 Phantasmal Quasar

When shrunk rule the universe

What's that smell dad? That son is the smell of victory

tails230 likes this.
  6. Senpai Deviljo

Senpai Deviljo Cosmic Narwhal

Out of curiosity why floran body sprite for the body of the race. I would of used apex since they are close to being an animal. (no offence to apex users and/or real apex on here)

7. Sean10M

What do you mean. Humans are an animal. Technically hylotls and avians are too but they don't resemble their real life inspiration quite as much.

8. Harustar

Harustar Scruffy Nerf-Herder

odd, I never encountered that issue, what ship tier was it? oh and Anthony, I fixed a few dialog conflics the mephetor was having incase you missed those XP if you want to include them, they are in the modfix I uploaded^^
    I love Skunks still, seems to always be my main Player character :rofl:

edit: oh derp, thats why I had no issues, I had mods that still allow Uranium and solarium to spawn :rofl:

Last edited: Feb 27, 2016
  9. AnthonySkunk89

Thanks, I'll take a look at them.

And it was the shipupgrade05 file.

10. Senpai Deviljo

Senpai Deviljo Cosmic Narwhal

I was wondering because from the picture on the mod it showed a leaf on the model.

11. Sean10M

Huh. Never noticed that.

12. Harveywill

Harveywill Space Spelunker

When I goto create my character (I'm in GG) the skunk icon is not there I don't know if I installed the mod right or its a bug.:cry::raccoon::cry:

13. AnthonySkunk89

2 things, do you have a race extender mod installed? and can you view your log file?

14. carriontrooper

carriontrooper Existential Complex

Hi, I'm in the middle of making an extended dialog mod for custom races (since the default conversations are getting quite boring when you use different races and get the same results), and the Mephetor is planned to be in it. I still have a ton of dialog to go through though, and I could use your help in writing a line or two. (That means you too, Mephetor fans! Not just the mod-maker!)
    More details: thread link
    And oh, feel free to delete this post if it gets too spam-y. I'm gonna post this on each included race's discussion page.
    Thanks for reading this, at least!

15. KrauserCusack

KrauserCusack Void-Bound Voyager

i love this mod a lot, but as the new update juts came out, it no longer works with starbound :<
    Is there any chance you could update this to work with the latest patch? that woudl be amazing

16. otty

otty Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Agreed! Looking forward for an update on the mod, it was my go to race to play! :(

17. AnthonySkunk89

18. kurisu7885

kurisu7885 Big Damn Hero

Will this be finding it' way onto Steam workshop?

19. otty

otty Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hey apparently it crashes on some cinematics, i typed /suicide and there is a infinite black screen like this: http://images.akamai.steamuserconte...760/030EB2687B5C027CCC317123A05AC607E8C50CD8/ You have to close the game unfortunately, and gives you this error when you beam down: http://images.akamai.steamuserconte...515/AD7ECC1CFB1251D7027A192DE5CC204FAD49FA4B/
    That and the teleporter does not appear in the ship as soon you start the game i hope it helps you out!

A friend of mine apparently fixed this, he's been playing until recently through a couple of missions, would you like me to hand you the "fixed" version so you see what differs to yours?

20. AnthonySkunk89

Sure, I'll look it over.