OOC Midnight Crisis [RP DISCONTINUED]

Discussion in 'Role Playing' started by Jirky-Kake, May 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jirky-Kake

Jirky-Kake Phantasmal Quasar

Seeing at how much HP the average enemy has at the beginning, I slightly increased the amount of damage for all weapons, as it'd take a painstakingly long amount of time to defeat most enemies. Likewise, I've increased pain tolerance as well to counteract the higher damage inputs.

2. MilkCalf

MilkCalf Supernova

Can you guys tell me what time you are online so that I know when to stay up?

3. Diamond Dog

Diamond Dog Guest

All day except for the four hours i sleep

Does anyone know where to buy better memeware for my brain

4. MilkCalf

MilkCalf Supernova

My timezone is UTC+2. I have a bad habit of staying up till midnight, wich somewhat works for americans.

5. Jirky-Kake

My sleep and work schedule is extremely sporadic, so it's kinda random for me. However, I'm usually up very late.

6. TechnoCupcake

TechnoCupcake 2.7182818284590...

I have a bad habit of staying up until like, 4-6 AM >w>

7. Jirky-Kake

Apps are paused, meaning that I'll accept them if they're correctly submitted, but the character will not be in the RP until a break is reached.

8. MilkCalf

MilkCalf Supernova

Jirky? He should be near the cultists already. And could he do the scanning thing too?

9. Jirky-Kake

Yes, but I've already responded. (They weren't cultists, either.) ;3
    I'm sure your choice is obvious, but just state which one you want to analyze. :3

Last edited: Jun 17, 2016
  10. MilkCalf

MilkCalf Supernova

Sorry for being an idiot, again.
    So I looked at your info on stats, and I didn't really get that technical side. So how much does perception effect evasion? I'm guessing its like 1/3 of agility.

Jirky-Kake likes this.
  11. Jirky-Kake

Don't worry about it!

I'm actually glad you asked! Here's how the evasion stat pans out: Evasion=(Perception level-10)*0.5 + (Agility level-10)
    In layman's terms, it is pretty close to your guess; it's 1/2 of agility. ;3

And since we're on the subject of evasion, if someone's level of strength is 25 or higher, then they start to have minor decreases in evasion for every level, but get a much larger boost from melee damage with each successive level. The evasion stat from strength pans out as (a little more complex): If Strength level >= 25, then -(Strength level-10)*0.55+6
    And the strength damage per level increases from ~17% to ~33% every level.

However, for every stat below that is below level 10, they have a different formula all together, so the decreases from being below average isn't so severe since everyone had only 80 points to start with.

Just a little bit of fun facts about stats and stuff! :3

Last edited: Jun 18, 2016
    MilkCalf likes this.
  12. TechnoCupcake

TechnoCupcake 2.7182818284590...

Apolgies that I haven't been very active. Had to prepare to help instruct a mock trial camp at my school, and then that happened, and stuffs. Back now, and would like to be back into the rp o3o

13. MilkCalf

MilkCalf Supernova

At least Myrria got to dissapear like batman.

14. Diamond Dog

Diamond Dog Guest

Alerts why

15. Jirky-Kake

Phew! Sorry for delays and going slow and what have you these past few days! The problem lies mostly with the calculator. I'm finding that the damage output from melee weapons are ludicrously high once a character has higher strength to the point where having 25 strength deals almost 50 damage on critical hits when base damage is only 7, and 30, the true max, deals about 70 or so. I'm forced to do an overhaul on it now, or things are going to get reaaaaaally wonky and unbalanced, so expect weapon damage changes... again.

I'm not surprised that this would cause problems, since I've never had the chance to test it out until now (the reason why some of your guys' characters are/were fighting so early on), so in a way this is expected. I'll fix this as fast as I can, and really appreciate everyone's patience. :3

EDIT: Here's the closest representation I could find of what the Glitch looks like that Dusty is fighting. Just remove all those accessories, whatever that is on its back, paint it mostly red, and replace hands with a sword and gun and that's what it looks like currently!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 22, 2016
    DustyScabbard likes this.
  16. Jirky-Kake

Good news! I was able to fix the problem! Turns out, the simplest solution was the answer! (wowie, I feel dumb!)

All I needed to do was tone down damage percentage gained from each level in strength, and I didn't even have to mess with damage too much! (A slight change was given for balancing, but not much else.)

For everyone who was patient enough to wait, here's a free level on the house! Thanks a ton for being patient, too! (even if you actually weren't!) ^^

< LEVEL UP! > < five skill points received > < post stats you wish to increase here > < LEVEL UP! >
    @Arra
    @DustyScabbard
    @FactoringZettaShonic
    @MilkCalf
    @TechnoCupcake
    @WarSarah

Arra and MilkCalf like this.
  17. Diamond Dog

Diamond Dog Guest

Ok so im pretty sure my brain doesnt function correctly because i keep forgetting about this

Jirky-Kake likes this.
  18. MilkCalf

MilkCalf Supernova

Don't sveat it. It's not like we have other things to do, like 100%:ing InFamos games.
    So generous of you to give us shiny skill points, thanks. I'll use four on agility and one on melee.

Jirky-Kake likes this.
  19. WarSarah

WarSarah Heliosphere

Drop ALL OF THAT into Intelligence.

MilkCalf and Jirky-Kake like this.
  20. Jirky-Kake

Wow! I actually didn't expect anyone to hit the stat max in anything so early... :rofl:

However, Sarah can still gain some sort of trait/item/etc. that could increase her intelligence even further than stat limitations, so she might want to keep an eye out for any opportunities. ;3

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.